r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > General Camping > Camping Recipes and Food Ideas
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Convection Oven

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary & Don Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Convection Oven
    Posted: 12 May 2009 at 3:27pm
Dones anyone have any suggestions or recipes using the convection oven?  I have never used one before.  What size pan will the oven hold?

Thanks,
Mary & DonSmile

TerryM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TerryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2009 at 6:00pm
Do a Google search on convection oven recipes.  Should get tons of them.

Terry 
manchester View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manchester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2009 at 6:59pm
I've owned two of these combos. I love them. You have t o preset time and temp on these things. Sometimes they don't reach the temp even though the oven will say ready. This frustrates people and they're ready to give up. Remedy. Make the time an hour longer than you need. Put a temperature guage on the rack while preheating. If it reaches the temp you want , then fine. If it doesn't then fool the oven by letting it think you put the food in and watch the guage til it reaches the temp you want. When it reaches your temp open it up and now put the food in. Meantime set another timer for what you want. I cook in mine just like I do at home in my electric oven.
happy camper
Mary & Don View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary & Don Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2009 at 3:19am
It sounds great.  Thanks for the input.  A few days ago I found a convection oven cook book at the VOA thrift store and also found some other kitchen items cheap.  It's fun to wander around and you never know what you will find.  I'll have to get an oven thermometer at Waly World.
Butterfly_Lee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butterfly_Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2009 at 5:21pm
I have a Convection Oven I use year round.  My model will also has a grill setting.  Generally I don't have a preheat problem, I just use regular reciepes and don't have a problem.  Although the one in the r-pod is a little smaller it should work the same.  (Of course I'm assuming alot at this point, because my unit hasn't arrived yet.)

Lee
Still a work in progress, lots of pictures.
http://podterfly.blogspot.com/
penny-podding View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote penny-podding Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2009 at 3:41am
I've never used a convection oven either. Do you leave the plate in or is there a "rack" you can get?
The Penny-Pod is on the road!
Penny & Russell
R-Pod 172
2006 Ford Expedition - Darth Vedar!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary & Don Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2009 at 5:56pm
I think you leave the plate inside.  I used my convection oven this week to make an "Impossible Pie".  It browned beautifully in about 11 or 12 minutes.  I really like it since I have been brave enough to use it.
Mary & Don
R-Pod 175
Columbus, Ohio

Life is good in R-Pod!
Pam and Bob DeLay View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pam and Bob DeLay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2009 at 4:02pm
We are living in Sugar Grove -- south of Columbus about 60 miles.  We pick up our R Pod 172 this Friday.  We can't wait!Smile
the hills of Ohio

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary & Don Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2009 at 5:15pm
I'm happy for you.  I think you made a good choice.  Maybe we'll meet at a campground sometime.  We are enjoying the state parks and have found that they are the most economical since we are old enough to benefit from the Golden Buckeye Card.  We like the half off price for weekday camping. 

Happy trails,
Mary
Mary & Don
R-Pod 175
Columbus, Ohio

Life is good in R-Pod!
Pam and Bob DeLay View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pam and Bob DeLay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2009 at 3:42am
We are also planning to camp in state parks -- hopefully taking long weekends until end of fall.  Golden Buckeye cards are wonderful!Smile
the hills of Ohio

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic