r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod Adventures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

172 - can't wait for you

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K_Mac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 172 - can't wait for you
    Posted: 12 May 2009 at 7:10pm
Shocked  My wife and I are way excited to pick up our 172 from Horn's RV in Sheboygan, WI.  We have been tent campers for 10 years and are looking forward to a little luxury while visiting beautiful places, not to mention getting our 6 month old son his first camping adventure.  We get ours Saturday - photos to come soon.

Does the r-Pod materials and walk through all the ins and outs of the water system.  Seasoning / winterizing - all new terms to me when all I had to know about was the care of nylon.  Is there a good site or book to speed me ahead and minimize costly mistakes?

admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2009 at 7:51pm
Welcome ... I have heard that Couch's is working on a video on the r-pod operations, maint and usage.... I'll email my contact there tomorrow and see when it will be done.
TerryM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TerryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2009 at 10:37pm
Welcome to the group!  When you get the Pod don't forget pictures..........including the new little one!

Terry
capringl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote capringl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2009 at 12:00am
Welcome to the group!
Craig
R-Pod 172
2008 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
yizit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yizit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2009 at 4:37pm
Welcome to the group.  We saw your 172 sitting on Horn's lot on Monday.  Looks nice.  Horn's does a nice job walking you through the Rpod.  If you have a question while they are going over something, ask right away so you don't forget.  Take notes.  There are DVD's out there that you can order...http://rveducation101.com/.  Good information for the beginner, like us...LOL.  It's easy to forget when you store it for the winter.  We love our 172 and Horn's has been great to work with.  Enjoy your new luxury.
Former owner of 2009 Rpod 172
Darlene & Jim, Ewok our Lhasa
Roada our 2004 Roadtrek 190P Conversion Van
wildbill1947 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wildbill1947 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2009 at 7:07pm
Going to pick up my R-Pod 174 on july 1st. First Camper***Can't wait***LOL.Have a dodge 1500 P U.  V-8.  Should work well. Jeff couch and his team have been a good shopping experiance. Will post pics when i get it.Hope to meet more R-Pod'rs.   BillStar  PS. is there anything I need to know,about unit.. Before hand and be prepared.Thanks again.Smile 
Happy days ahead !
yizit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yizit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2009 at 7:41pm
Congratulations!!!  and welcome to the forum.  Enjoy your  first trip.  Ask lots of questions and take notes.  Sway control and brakes IMO is something everyone should have.  Safety comes first for you, your family and everyone else on the road.  Looking forward to your pic's and report on your trip.
Former owner of 2009 Rpod 172
Darlene & Jim, Ewok our Lhasa
Roada our 2004 Roadtrek 190P Conversion Van
jadasol View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jadasol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2009 at 5:40am
Hey!

Our 172 just arrived! We are so excited. We are a family of four so the kids will sleep in the bunk beds and we will sleep on the kitchen table ! 

We will post some pics soon!

Julie and David
r-podhonda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote r-podhonda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2009 at 4:09pm
First trip with our R-172 or R-pouding !Wink
Blackdog View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blackdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2009 at 9:02pm
Looks like a 2010 model with new graphics.  All black with some blue background???  Or is it just the camera and my computer that makes it look different?
Rick

The Blackdog
2001 Tacoma DoubleCab 4x4 3.4 V6
172 on ORDER (PICK UP JULY 24)
Lincoln, CA
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic