r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Maintenance Issues, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Water Heater Element Replacement

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PodPatrol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2010 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by PodPatrol PodPatrol wrote:

Nothing gets past you Sand-Man !!!

Yes, there's a mod post where someone has added a "light" indicating
the element is active. They put it near the monitor panel/LP switch !!

MY BAD !!! The Mod I was referring to was a LP indicator light, and NOT the AC heating element.
They added a indicator light to tell if the WH was on or off. This is of course a different light than the
LP WH indicator light that comes with the Pod.
Sandpiper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandpiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2010 at 2:50pm
I love it, I love it.  I go out to mow an acre or two and come back and the problem is solved.  Thank you popgosweasel and Mrs. 'Piper.  And thank you most of all Huron Sailor for the original idea.

So there you have it tedbear, how did I do ?Wink

Now which one of you want to go get the parts and which one wants to put them in while I go have a Yuengling?  Big smile

The people on this forum never cease to amaze me.

Sandpiper
Mrs.'Piper
Ford 150-[Mini Lite 2104S]
Tink View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2010 at 5:16pm
Why don't you just flip the breaker off when you're done with the water heater?  I couldn't get my water heater to work and the switch was on. Then I tried to use the gas. No go. I had to take the pod back to the dealer for another leak and put that on my list. They showed me the breaker. DUH!! I never thought to look there. Heck, I didn't even know there were breakers!!!! Now it works every time!

Tink'rPod 174 Knoxville,TN,
rpoders2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rpoders2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2010 at 7:17pm
[QUOTE=Sandpiper]Lesson two: You will need a Screw in Element Wrench Camco # 15493 also available from Home Depot#014717154932 for $6.47.  Unless you have a much better selection of wenchs than I do...

Thanks, Sandpiper...NOW Taller Half is finally interested in this forum!

Ellen, Dick (2 legs)
Mo Chara (the camping cat) Dudley (the world's best camping dog)
RPod 173
'07 Honda Pilot
R&T's Pod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R&T's Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2010 at 7:43pm
And having changed water heater elements before, that $6.47 wrench/socket, is worth the price paid for the reduction in aggrivation.  Rob
2010 R-Pod 175 2007 F-150 Super Cab R&T's Podding Blog

Sandpiper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandpiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2010 at 8:30pm
Originally posted by rpoders2 rpoders2 wrote:

[QUOTE=Sandpiper]Lesson two: You will need a Screw in Element Wrench Camco # 15493 also available from Home Depot#014717154932 for $6.47.  Unless you have a much better selection of wenchs than I do...

S h e e s h  !  One little fumble fingers mistake and now I catch the devil from everyone. Embarrassed 
Actually,   I was just trying to build up some interest on the forum !  And it worked ---Didn't it ?

And as for you Tink--- "Flip the breaker ?"  you take the fun out of it.  Smile
Sandpiper
Mrs.'Piper
Ford 150-[Mini Lite 2104S]
Kenn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2010 at 8:45pm
Originally posted by Sandpiper Sandpiper wrote:

Kenn
After reading your post about cold weather camping I think you might get ROCKED--
with big stones if you catch my drift.OuchWink

No offense meant no offense taken.

Ratdog : 
As a certified old timer  wenchs and wrenchs all look the same after a Yeungling.
None taken. I couldn't have lasted 16+ years in the Army if I had thin skin Wink

2010 RPOD 176 (Silly-POD), 2011 Forest River Stealth 2612, and 2014 Forest River XLR 380AMP
PodPatrol View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PodPatrol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2010 at 8:49pm
Sandpiper:

Your kind of "interest" I can appreciate Sand-manShocked .... Tinks approach may be very direct, but effective !!!LOL 
Thanks for the parts infoe too, that is the stuff that makes this forum so great, people going above and beyond ....

*all of a sudden I have this voice in my head that keeps repeating "check the element, check the element, check the element" ......*
rpoders2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rpoders2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2010 at 9:56am
Originally posted by Sandpiper Sandpiper wrote:

Originally posted by rpoders2 rpoders2 wrote:

S h e e s h  !  One little fumble fingers mistake and now I catch the devil from everyone. Embarrassed 
Actually,   I was just trying to build up some interest on the forum !  And it worked ---Didn't it ?

And as for you Tink--- "Flip the breaker ?"  you take the fun out of it.  Smile

This really made me smile Big smile this morning!
I'm so glad we can tease each other.
Years ago when Taller Half and I were doing a morning radio show here in Milwaukee, you can imagine the kinds of "fumble lips" we had some days!  Every once in a while turning a family show into something that wasn't really, for a second.  LOL  Listeners would kid us about it years later.
32+ years of live radio...Taller Half even wanted to call our Pod 173 "The Podcaster"!!!!!!!

Ellen, Dick (2 legs)
Mo Chara (the camping cat) Dudley (the world's best camping dog)
RPod 173
'07 Honda Pilot
Butterfly_Lee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butterfly_Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2010 at 10:00am
 "The Podcaster"!!!!!!!What a Great Name..Go with it... No Kidding.

LeeClap
Still a work in progress, lots of pictures.
http://podterfly.blogspot.com/
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic