r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

R-Pod 177 Mods

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GrandPod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: R-Pod 177 Mods
    Posted: 24 May 2010 at 6:03am
 I finally finished the Mods that I wanted to do to our Pod. I'll start outside the pod.
1. Added folding jack
2. Added two batteries in parallel; added cut-off switch and chains and lock for security
3. Added 12 volt outlet to one of the batteries for outside use
4. Added chain to propane tank for security
 5. Added battery cut off switch cover
6. Added locks to hitch for security

Inside the pod,
7. added dual 12v outlet to the dinette area, used spare fuse position on distribution panel for 12vdc
8. added 12vdc outlet below cabinet, taped into power lines for the light under the cabinet
 9. Added lid stay to cabinet above the sink; Gatehouse Part #0311972 Folding Support Left Side
10. Made a storage compartment out of the dinette seat were the distribution panel is located. Added lid stay Gatehouse #0311972 Left Side, divider and hinge, also can see wires I ran for 12vdc outlet
11. Added Lid Stay and cut finger hole in right storage compartment under dinette seat, Gatehouse #0311973 Folding Support Right Side.
12. Added Level Mount Bracket and 19" TV to the corner of the bathroom so that the TV can be folded 90 degree around the corner when not in use. Ordered Level Mount parts from their Web Site, cheaper than locally and free shipping

12A. Added DC30DJ dual arm mount and ELAJ-B Front Arm Joint.
12B. Level Mount folded out of way

12C. 19" TV as viewed from dinette. I still can use the DVD player that came with the 7' Audiovox and watch on the 19" TV.

12D. Wiring from Audiovox tv to new 19" TV.
13. Replaced the flimsy table legs with heavy duty ones also made table 1" higher; added velcro straps to hold legs in place when in the folded position
 Forgot to mention the most enjoyable addition of all; 4" memory foam topper for that dreadful
mattress.
15. Added 6" wide 25" long shelves above the windows in the front above dinette seats.
Left side.
 Right side
16. Replaced all of the 921 bulbs with leds from super bright leds. I used the WLED-WHP10-D 10 Led  one. Works really well.
17. Added flag pole holder to tongue of trailer.
 18. Added removable cloths bar in bath room
19. Added external speaker for TV
Left Side.
Right Side

20. Made stove top cover from bamboo cutting board.

21. Added velcro to dinette cushion to hold in place. Thanks Mrs. Piper

22. Added spare tire carrier to front tongue of trailer

23. Added Valvue to the fresh water tank
24. Had sign made.
25. Added Mud Flaps to the R-Pod.
Tom

Tom And Linda
Rpod 177                      Southwest florida

Pie_Pod View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pie_Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2010 at 9:34pm
WOW!  Great mods!
~cindy (Pod_Patrol's Girl)
PodPatrol View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PodPatrol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2010 at 11:24pm
Great Idea for the TV !!!!
dogipod View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dogipod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2010 at 11:37pm
These mods are great!!  We have the same yellow coupler lock, but will have to lock down the tank and battery too since we noticed our yellow plastic wheel chocks were stolen within a week.  The 12v outlets look very handy, and the table legs are a must - ours are bent already.  Thanks for sharing!
PodPatrol View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PodPatrol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2010 at 11:43pm
Our table legs seem to be fine. Don't know if they have changed them or not, but ours seem study, so far.
At first I was concerned about the "thief" issue at the camp resort Astro is at, but come to find out you can pretty much leave it wide open and not worry. Thats comforting.
GrandPod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GrandPod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2010 at 5:58am
 The hinge on the original table legs is the cheapest metal; once it gets bent you can't keep it straight.
 Replaced with Banquet Table legs; from Lowe's, HD also carries them.
 A note on the lid stays, they are just backwards of what you'd think, the one on the cabinet over the sink is for a  left hand not right and the other storage areas one used a right and the other a left hand. Gatehouse Folding Support Left Side #0311972; right side #0311973
Tom
Tom And Linda

ka9nyn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ka9nyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2010 at 8:44pm
Tom,

These mods are great! Especially for a new 177 owner (we pick her up tomorrow).

Thanks for your efforts and sharing the wealth.

Dave & Rose
Chamberlain, SD
GrandPod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GrandPod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2010 at 5:15am
 Dave & Rose 
 I know you will enjoy the 177 R-pod. The slide makes all the difference. Thanks for the kind words about the mods. I enjoy working on these projects. I think I have finally finished with the mods but there is always another one just waiting  around the corner to be done.
  Tom
Tom And Linda

IrishVanilla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IrishVanilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2010 at 12:42am
couple of questions about the TB mount.  What is it screwed into, or did you bolt on other side of wall ?   Also, looks like the TV when installed is sagging low on right side, does it just need adjusted or is happening becuase the extra section was added.  Love the Mod, looking to try it myself.
Mary & David
GrandPod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GrandPod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2010 at 7:18am
Mary and David
 The TV  looks crooked in the picture but it is fairly level when you tighten all of the adjustment screws starting from the tv toward the wall mount.  The wall mount is screwed into the wood frame of the bath room. I used 1 1/2 screws. You can see in the pictures in Sandpipers forest river plant tour the bathroom framing. The tv only weight about 7 pounds and I don't leave it mounted when we are traveling. It  works great when your set up; you can swing the tv 90 degrees out of the way and when you want to watch tv just swing it back to the center. I used a 18 1/2 tv.
 The mounts sell at Radio Shack but cheaper if you order on line.
 Tom
Tom And Linda

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic