r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod Reviews and Information
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

176T when closed...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote George Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2013 at 1:17pm
We use a foam pad about 64 inches wide by 72 inches long by 3 inches thick.  Then on top of that are 2 separate pads of different densities (my wife likes it harder than I do) that are about 30 inches wide by 72 inches long by 2 inches thick. We put the cushy mattress pad over all of that. When we eat at the dining table we fold the pads in such a way that we use them as back rests while sitting at the table. 

On the air mattress, the kids used it to float on in a lake until it got ripped then we through it out.
I can't stop dreaming about June 15, 2013 when we get to permanently escape in our "Escape Pod" which is a 176T towed by a Chevy van with a 5.7L engine.
HongsterRP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HongsterRP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2013 at 2:09pm
We use a foam pad about 64 inches wide by 72 inches long by 3 inches thick.  Then on top of that are 2 separate pads of different densities (my wife likes it harder than I do) that are about 30 inches wide by 72 inches long by 2 inches thick. We put the cushy mattress pad over all of that. When we eat at the dining table we fold the pads in such a way that we use them as back rests while sitting at the table.  

On the air mattress, the kids used it to float on in a lake until it got ripped then we through it out.

OK, this helps me a lot and thank you. Wow, you're really went out of your way to make it compromised.Smile

I've been shopping around a bit and thinking about getting some queen size memory foam.  But, I really don't know what thickness i should go with. Do you think a 6" thick is good to sleep on? I'm afraid it maybe  too thick and inconvenience to fold and etc...Or, perhaps 4" is good enough to sleep on and fold when necessary?  Thanks for your inputs.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic