r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod Reviews and Information
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

176T when closed...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joehung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 176T when closed...
    Posted: 02 Jun 2010 at 2:45pm
We are thinking about buying an 176T but have a couple questions:

1) Is the dinette-bed big enough to sleep 2 with the tent-closed? We were thinking about if the weather gets cold we might not want to open up the tent. It would be great if someone has a picture of it so we can visualize how big the dinette side bed is when the tent is closed.

2) Is the side-out mechanism powered by batteries? or 110V only? Most of the places we camp have no hookups (state/national parks). I'd like to make sure I can still slide-out the side to get the extra room without AC hookup.

Thanks a lot!
Bill in NL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill in NL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2010 at 9:33pm
I just bought a 2011 176T.  Yes, you can sleep 2 pretty well with the tent section closed, but I am adding a few cargo tiedowns to the bed support so that I can use cargo straps to manage the folded fabric.

Just to explain that point a bit.  The fabric gets in the way a bit when the tent section is closed up.  By adding two or three cargo tie downs (D-ring types) at the left and right edges of the bed platform, you can use a strap with a buckle to pull the fabric flat to the bed support when it is folded up.

The slide out can be opened on battery power, so you won't get caught in a "pinch"LOL
joehung View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joehung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2010 at 11:25pm
Thanks a lot! Is it possible to show me a picture of you mod? I think I will do the same thing if I get one...

George View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote George Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2010 at 4:07am
Yes, please post a picture of how you use the cargo tie downs.Big smile
I can't stop dreaming about June 15, 2013 when we get to permanently escape in our "Escape Pod" which is a 176T towed by a Chevy van with a 5.7L engine.
Bill in NL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill in NL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2010 at 1:59pm
The mod is still in my head right now, I'm hoping to complete it after the weekend.  I'll post a couple of pics when I get it finished.
argh6 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote argh6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2010 at 12:02pm

This is a picture of the inside of our 172T.  As you can see it does hang over the dinette, but it can easily be pushed against the back wall.  I am going to get on of those cargo nets for the back of a truck or SUV, use some screw in eye bolts on the sides, and see how that will work.  I'll post pics in the MODS section when I'm done!
Jerry, Julie, Kaiti, & Abbi ~ Phoenix, AZ ~ 2010 172T ~ 2004 Acura MDX
profmagickb View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote profmagickb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2010 at 4:14pm
If anyone still has questions I started a topic "inside a 176T and arrangements"  where I focus on arranging the rpod with the tent part closed. 

Hope this clears things up. The bed is a RV Queen size bed, and fits two very well.
I have good ideas....... sometimes
2011 176T
why don't you come with me little girl, on a magic R-pod ride
HongsterRP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HongsterRP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2013 at 12:09pm
Hello Pod heads,

Just bought a T model but missing the tent mattress.  Can anyone tell me how to order this or better yet if you can give me the dimensions I would greatly appreciated.  
George View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote George Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2013 at 12:25pm
We threw out the air mattress that came with our 176T because it was so uncomfortable.  We put together our own layers of foam and topped it off with one of those soft cushy mattress covers for a queen size bed.  It makes for a very comfy nights sleep.

George
I can't stop dreaming about June 15, 2013 when we get to permanently escape in our "Escape Pod" which is a 176T towed by a Chevy van with a 5.7L engine.
HongsterRP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HongsterRP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2013 at 12:48pm
We threw out the air mattress that came with our 176T because it was so uncomfortable.  We put together our own layers of foam and topped it off with one of those soft cushy mattress covers for a queen size bed.  It makes for a very comfy nights sleep.

George

Oh man! Wish I knew you before you threw it out.  Actually I need to know the dimension and how it folds when you have tent pulled out and using the dinette.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic