r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod Owners Registry
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

OUR NEW 172

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billydkid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: OUR NEW 172
    Posted: 17 May 2009 at 5:36am

I just got our new 172 yesterday. We were trying to order one from Ohio and ended up finding one in stock yesterday and couldnt wait!  However, the dealer presentation and delivery was terrible!  It really ruined the excitment of such a wonderful camper.  I really regret not waiting and buying from Ohio. They seem to be the best dealer to work with. 

I wish you ALL better luck than I had with my purchase and delivery. We spent most of our first day cleaning and trying to make everything work because the dealer failed to prep the camper properly. I also spent over an hour at the dealership preping the trailer myself while the so called "mechanic" continued to damage the camper everytime he tried to fix something. First of all, he bent the table metal by forcing the table legs shut!  Then he used pliers to open the hose storage tube on bottom. He continued to mess things up when he was asked to put the plate on the frame for the sway bar hook up and he drilled 6 large holes "Crooked" then placed 6 screws in the frame at all angles. The plate is not flush with the frame and the screws are literally going at all angles and none of them FLUSH! 

I was not shown how anything properly worked and when I asked questions I was told the wrong "or made up" answer?? 

When we arrived at the camp site last night, the fridge would not work. Another sign of poor preping from dealer. I had to spend another 2 hours trying to solve the problem and eventially took the panels off side of camper and traced the plug.............which was not plugs in from the control panel....

Anyways, I have much more but I am only sharing this because I dont want anyone else to have to get this great experience ruined by terrible customer service and poor dealership performance.   So, pick your dealer wisely and ask lots of question before you pay for a camper you havent seen!

WE LOVE THIS CAMPER!!!!!!!  I just can't wait to get everything to normal so I can enjoy it!!!!  
Mary & Don View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary & Don Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2009 at 12:50pm
Where is the dealer located?
yizit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yizit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2009 at 7:14pm
Sorry to hear all the trouble you're having.  Not all dealers are like that.  We have had a great experience with Horn's RV in Sheboygan WI, if anyone needs a dealer in this area.  We love our little "Rbug" too.  Enjoy many camping nights in yours.
Former owner of 2009 Rpod 172
Darlene & Jim, Ewok our Lhasa
Roada our 2004 Roadtrek 190P Conversion Van
Bill & Greg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill & Greg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2009 at 4:30am
Our dealer gave us about a 5 min tour.  We are still learning on our own.  We do really love our 172. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic