r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > R-Pod Round-Ups
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2010 Texian Roundup

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YakDriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2010 Texian Roundup
    Posted: 05 Jun 2010 at 12:23pm
Butterfly_Lee and I have have bounced around the idea of a roundup for our Texans and any others who wish to attend. We are looking at October as a great time to get together. Any suggestions would be appreciated. If possible, we'd like to get the help of our moderator to make this thread sticky so that new members can see it and join in our plans.

From my observations, Palmetto State Park would be a good location because it would be central to most of the people I've seen so far. Another place would be Lost Maples because of the turning leaves in October/November. I'm not sure yet how many sites they have, but I'll check on that today.

Any help, suggestions or comments are welcome. We are really excited by the chance to meet some of our new Texan friends.
YakDriver, Ain't Leo, Chaz and Lil Harry in grrr-Pod

2013 r-Pod 182G Hood River; 2013 Ford F150 STX

YakDriver's Blog
JoinTexas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoinTexas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2010 at 8:25am
I am in Austin and may be able to join in! Keep me posted.
JoinTexas and Bubbles (the RPOD)
Dodge Ram 1500
Bear and Charlie the wonder dogs
YakDriver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YakDriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2010 at 9:12am
Thanks, JoinTexas. We will definitely keep you in the loop. Thanks for your quick reply.
YakDriver, Ain't Leo, Chaz and Lil Harry in grrr-Pod

2013 r-Pod 182G Hood River; 2013 Ford F150 STX

YakDriver's Blog
takeabreath3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote takeabreath3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2010 at 4:40pm
depending on the date of the Texian Roundup i may be able to join up with you guys as well!!  i go to the dega nascar race the last week of october but anything before that would work out pretty good for me!!

lets stay in touch.

peace, judy
Life isn't a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safe in a pretty well preserved body, but to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up totally worn out, loudly proclaiming WOW WHAT A RIDE
Daystarsc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daystarsc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2010 at 10:46pm
We would also be up for a Roundup!  Let's plan it!!

Just looked at Lost Maples, it has about 30 campsites with water and electric. (I vote for this one)
Palmetto State Park also looks great with 18 campsites with water and electric.
Both look like they would a great October camp.

Becky
Maryjo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maryjo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2010 at 2:24pm
I checked out both parks and they both look very nice. I kind of learn toward Lost Maples also, but both look great. They are both within a few hours drive for me, so that is a plus!

FoxyPod (Maryjo)2010 R-Pod 173 Tow Vehicle:2004 Expedition
mbmcginity View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbmcginity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2010 at 4:30pm
We would love to join you.  Just depends on the weekend because we are pretty busy during football season.  But the last two weekends look good.  Probably should decide soon.  Lost Maples can fill up fast in the fall.
New Lone Star Podders
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic