r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod Adventures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Where are you camping for the holiday?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jherald02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Where are you camping for the holiday?
    Posted: 18 May 2009 at 9:42am
I really goofed up, being a newbie at camping.  I didn't reserve a campsite early enough and now everyone is booked.  Next year I won't make the same mistake.

I assumed that there would be spots available all over the place.  I didn't realize that holidays brought out so many campers.

Oh well, where is everyone else going?

James
Let's hit the road!
Mary & Don View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary & Don Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2009 at 12:04pm

Some of the campgrounds are also filled up for the 4th of July.  You may want to book something for that weekend right now.  At the Ohio State Parks, you have to book 3 nights for a holiday, so that will probably keep us from going out that weekend. 

Mary & Don
K_Mac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K_Mac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2009 at 6:08pm
Keep looking, availability sometimes pops up.  Getting on waiting lists helps too.

Southwest Michigan is our destination.
rmaco View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rmaco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2009 at 11:16am
Going to Moab over the weekend. I reserved 2 months ago and still got one of the last spots.
jherald02 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jherald02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2009 at 9:37am
Oh.  I forgot to update everyone.

I was able to get into a crowded General Butler State Park in KY for Memorial Day.

We are heading to the KY Horse Park tomorrow.

Anyone else been?
Let's hit the road!
tabkld93 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabkld93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2009 at 3:11pm
_popupControl(); Hi Jeff.

How was General Butler?  I was going to book there for July 4th until I read the pool isn't open to campers except for 2 hours a day.  Is that true?

I went to the KY Horse Park a lot as a kid.  It was paved everywhere and we rode bikes all day.  I can't say what it's like today.

jherald02 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jherald02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2009 at 10:00am
I'm not sure about the pool since we didn't go swimming but the staff was very accomodating.  When we first arrived, we were given an unlevel pad that didn't really set my mind at ease since I didn't trust the plastic chocks.

I expressed my concerns, she went through her cancellations and gave me a more expensive site for no additional charge.  Nice people.

Let's hit the road!
The Rabid Tribble View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Rabid Tribble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2009 at 10:13am
When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
ff404mag View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ff404mag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2009 at 5:32pm
I reserved a spot back in January at South Padre Island for June 15-20 . Just me and my three daughters . Its going to be a tight fit but we plan on being outside most of the time . This is the first trip without the wife (still working) . Wish me luck cause I'm going to need it . Two teenagers , 16 , 13 and my sweet baby 9 .

Mario
Butterfly_Lee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butterfly_Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2009 at 7:00am
Have reservations in Wichita Falls TX, not the garden spot but a starting point.  Going to a wedding and then hanging with long lost friends.  Then my daughter and I will be heading West on our first travel adventure.  THAT ALL DEPENDS on my Rpod 172 arriving to Corpus Christi in time (so far it appears to be on schedule mid-late june). Big smile
Still a work in progress, lots of pictures.
http://podterfly.blogspot.com/
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic