r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod wish list, what we love, what we would love to see
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wouldn't it be awesome if...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuronSailor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2010 at 10:11pm
Originally posted by Nellie Nellie wrote:

I am seriously considering taking it to Texas for a couple months this winter.  I have been vacillating whether me and the dog could live in it for that long, but maybe.

SWMBO and I spent last Feb in FL in our 172 escaping from the MI winter. The month flew by pretty fast. If you have the means and opportunity, I say give it a shot.
.: Mark & Beth :: Silverado 5.3L :: "arrrr"Pod 172 :: My Albums :: OurPod Blog ::
pmjensen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmjensen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2010 at 3:57pm
If you are coming to TX there are numerous park here in the Rio Grande Valley (McAllen, Harlingen, Brownsville etc) which would meet your needs. If you need most type of medications, you can park on this side and walk into Progress where they have great prices on medications etc. Beside it's pretty cheap to live down here, I can speak from experience.
2011 R-176 Nuestro Pod
2011 Frontier SV
dragonfly's r-pod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragonfly's r-pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2010 at 5:49pm
How long did you stay in florida?  Were you about to kill each other by the end of it?  LOL We are debating getting out of Ohio this winter.
Nellie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nellie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2010 at 5:57pm
Yes  a friend and I have been to Westlaco to visit her parents several times.  My first choice would be to stay in Port Isabel but have not had any luck renting a place (not for the r-pod but just a park model, small trailer....don't think I dare drive in the winter)...second choice would be in the areas you mentioned, which could be nice because I could go see the hill country, etc. 
HuronSailor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuronSailor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2010 at 7:24pm
Originally posted by dragonfly's r-pod dragonfly's r-pod wrote:

How long did you stay in florida?  Were you about to kill each other by the end of it?  LOL We are debating getting out of Ohio this winter.

We were gone for a month. We didn't attempt any murders. The only negative is that is was unusually cold this past winter; we got frost a few times.

Frost. In Florida.

That meant that many nights we huddled inside after dark. Gave us a chance to watch the Olympics, though.  You can read the blog of the trip if you like. Follow the link in my sig.
.: Mark & Beth :: Silverado 5.3L :: "arrrr"Pod 172 :: My Albums :: OurPod Blog ::
GaRedneck81 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaRedneck81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2010 at 5:36pm
I had the dealer install an outdoor shower before I took delivery. I will post some pix when I figure out how.
GaRedneck81
U.S.Navy-Retired
Heavy Chevy 5.7 liter
RP-172
Kennesaw, Ga.
sylviablue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sylviablue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2010 at 6:37pm
Florida is cold right now too but I guess it beats what's happening in the midwest!  Shocked
We think our 171 has plenty of storage.  There is a shelf above the microwave with netting plus all the other places to put things. 
Yes, if we changed it too much it wouldn't be a Pod.  We bought ours for it's size (not large, not cramped), weight and conveniences. 
Still lovin' it.  Smile
In the end there's just a song comes cryin up the night

JIMTAM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JIMTAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2011 at 10:45pm
The new R-Pod's do have a sink in the shower. We like that. Also - we didn't get the microwave oven so that we could have that area for storage. It really is a big spot and makes quite the difference. I use a pressure cooker and regular pan, though a small microwave oven could go under the bench seat and be pulled out when needed. We sure do love this R-Pod.

joe&carol View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joe&carol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2011 at 8:03am
We're in the third season now with our 173 and would not want to do anything to enlarge the size or make any big changes.  Other than installing axle risers, we haven't made any modifications and find that we've adjusted to everything as it was built.  In the end, if we wanted all the comforts of home, we'd just stay home.  We've also discovered that as time has gone by, we need fewer and fewer "gadgets" to make our trips comfortable and worthwhile so we need less and less storage space.  Joe
Joe & Carol
r-pod 173
psaman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote psaman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2011 at 5:29pm
The sensors in the black and gray tanks worked better..........Unhappy
2011 RP177 "Sponge Pod"
2011 F-150 XLT "Texas Edition"
P2 Brake Controller
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic