r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod wish list, what we love, what we would love to see
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wouldn't it be awesome if...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wouldn't it be awesome if...
    Posted: 10 Jun 2010 at 10:41pm
- The POD was widened to the wheels
- A dinette was inserted between the entertainment center and the fridge
- The Bathroom was widened and the toilet was separated from the shower
- Since the POD is widened, a wardrobe is included on the side of the beds (both queen and bunk)
- Heated holding tanks were an option
- Day/night shades were an option
- A bigger fridge was included
- A bigger fresh water tank was installed

2010 RPOD 176 (Silly-POD), 2011 Forest River Stealth 2612, and 2014 Forest River XLR 380AMP
happy_camper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote happy_camper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2010 at 1:40pm
More thought into storage would be nice- like why don't they have cabinets over the microwave?  A small trailer should be using every inch of available space.  Personally I wouldn't want it any wider because I can actually see behind when towing - with our old trailer I had to do a bit of a bum wag to see if anyone was behind us.   A sink in the bathroom would be nice and window shades would definately be good.
CCDAMEEK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CCDAMEEK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2010 at 7:55pm
I'd have to not ask for the widening, as I too like the width.  Looking out my Tundra throught he side-view mirrors, the camper is a perfect width to the truck.
   I agree with the bigger refrig.   Hey, the space is there in the 172, as there is NO cabinate above the microwave.
   And there is plenty of space for more storage cabinates, and more thoughtful use of space now used (note all the cubbie holes and drawers users are installing in unused space).   I have found that my 172 has a small drawer at the bottom of the three as well as the top.  It has plenty of room for a deeper drawer there.   And I plan on using some more space as in a drawer or cubby under the stove top.   There is like a foot of unused space there.
   I think the bathroom space is ok for this size camper.
   I would like an outdoor shower compartment rather than the indoor.  I am too tall, and heck, my shoulders already are touching both walls while sitting Ouch!!
FREEDOM AINT FREE. THANK YOU TO OUR TROOPS, AND LOCAL LAW OFFICERS KEEPING US SAFE.

Francis & Christine D'Amico
Lake Havasu-Arizona
kharma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kharma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2010 at 10:47pm
I would love to have a way to set up an outdoor shower.  Has anyone figured out a system that works or mod'd anything?
Outbound View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Outbound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2010 at 11:11pm
Originally posted by kharma kharma wrote:

I would love to have a way to set up an outdoor shower.  Has anyone figured out a system that works or mod'd anything?

It'd be pretty easy to tie into the low point drains.  A couple of shutoff valves as taps, quick connects on the drains, a length of hose and a shower head and you'd be done

But, If I were to do it, I'd do it right with the proper hardware.  On my 171, I'd locate the shower on the exterior wall by the water heater and t-in the lines there.
Craig :: 2008 Mazda Tribute :: 2009 r-pod 171, The Johnnie Ray
Outbound View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Outbound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2010 at 11:19pm
I'm very happy with our 171.  I wouldn't change the dimensions or layout.  The trailer suits us well.  Frankly, if we wanted a wider trailer or larger bathroom, we would have purchased a different unit.

I am seriously thinking of adding a shelf with netting (much like the storage space over our microwave) over the curbside window over the bed.  It would be a convenient place to store clothing (as opposed to under the bed).  I'm confident in my carpentry skills to build it... I'm just not confident in my finishing skills to make it look like a professional job.
Craig :: 2008 Mazda Tribute :: 2009 r-pod 171, The Johnnie Ray
Kenn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2010 at 4:23pm
Just to anxious to get a bigger trailer...one of these days...sigh Unhappy

2010 RPOD 176 (Silly-POD), 2011 Forest River Stealth 2612, and 2014 Forest River XLR 380AMP
Lark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2010 at 4:59pm
If the R-Pod were longer, wider, etc it would no longer be a R-Pod.  I bought it because it is compact, light weight and easy to store and tow.  If I decide to go full time RVing I would trade up to something larger.  Many owners have taken extended trips with the R-Pod and live in them for a month or longer.  I would have no problem with a extended stay.  I just think of the cabin size as being similar to a sailboat.  Folks live in them for extended periods.  Of course I travel by myself.  Having another person in the space would make a difference, but many folks travel 2 up or more with them.  At the price point they sell at, I think they are a reasonable value

Lark  171 F-150
Lark
Nellie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nellie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2010 at 9:12pm
I agree, it is the perfect size to be manageable....for me anyway.  I am seriously considering taking it to Texas for a couple months this winter.  I have been vacillating whether me and the dog could live in it for that long, but maybe.  I just keep reminding myself how wonderful it would be to get away from Minnesnowta for a spell.
Ratdog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ratdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2010 at 9:36pm
Nellie,

We live in MN (just down the road from you in Cannon Falls) and have a house in FL where we go for a couple of months in the winter. We'd take the circus wagon down with us to use down there except a) we can't leave until after Christmas so there's a possibility (probability) of snow and ice on the roads and b) our homeowners association down there won't let us park the pod in our yard.

If you can leave for Texas before the snow flies and can stay until snowy weather is over and if you have a place to set up your pod down there, I'd do it. I bet you and your pup would do just fine. Heck, I'd do anything to get away from MN winters. And a big bonus for you is that you wouldn't have to winterize your pod Smile.

-- Steve

Steve, Anne, and Paige the Rat Terrier
2013 Lexus RX 450h Hybrid AWD
2011 RP-177 (aka: The Circus Wagon)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic