r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

175 CAMO POD, UNDER BED DRAWER, AND MORE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2010 at 12:06pm
Your drawer is fabulous!!! Can you post the plans for that or do you have plans to sell kits for it? (seriously!) it is wonderful and now I want to build one! I have never built anything before, but wow.. Nice job!!!
podDINK View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote podDINK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2010 at 7:31pm
Sorry, no plans. My hubby just measured the area and drew the plans. He is not a woodworker although he is extremely mechanically inclined. The 2 biggest things to remember is that the opening is smaller than the actual space so u do loose an inch or so on the left of the drawer. He used MDF for the drawer itself, felt chair pads on the bottom, red oak wood for the front with red Chesnutt stain, and dividers are thin hardwood. He used a pocket hole jig to secure the sides and bottom of the drawer. We also has to use a floor vent in order to get the right finish. Exact plans wouldn't work b/c each area is going to vary slightly. For instance our back wall of the space was not perfect. Therefore he had to make minor size adjustments. One tip- remove the mattress and boards from the camper. I hopes this helps some. If u have any questions let us know.
Loving my pod-175
Kim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2010 at 1:58am
Thanks for the info! Can you post some more detailed pics of the drawer? I want to give this a go and put that black and decker toolkit to work! I don't know what a packet hole jig is, but i am sure with pictures i could figure it out! Great info on the stain and wood too! :) i smell a project :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic