r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Maintenance Issues, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Location of water pump in a 171

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HerbL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Location of water pump in a 171
    Posted: 26 Jun 2010 at 10:02am
I'm not sure where the water pump is located in our 171. Is it under the sink or back under the bed?
I would like to try to reduce the noise, if possible.
Thanks for any help.
David and Danette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David and Danette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2010 at 12:16pm
     It is under the sink. There is a small piece of plywood you remove by 2 screws holding it in place. Behind that you will find the pump.      David
SWFL   171
2010 Jeep Liberty
Outbound View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Outbound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2010 at 12:29pm
On my 2009 RP171, the water pump is mounted on the floor, hidden behind an access panel, below the stove.  However, on Phil H's 2010 RP171, the water pump is located under the bed beside the water heater.

Here's a link to my podmod: Quieting the Water Pump thread, which (hopefully) might give you some inspiration for your own mod.
Craig :: 2008 Mazda Tribute :: 2009 r-pod 171, The Johnnie Ray
HerbL View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HerbL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2010 at 12:38pm
Thanks for the info. Outbound, you must be right. Ours is a 2010 model and the pump is not under the stove.
dockguy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dockguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2010 at 8:34am
Herb L.,

I have a 2011 R-pod 171.  The water pump is on the right side panel under the bed next to the water heater.  You can remove the panel by removing the 2 screws. 

Hope this helps,
Dockguy
RCP
PodPatrol View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PodPatrol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2010 at 1:29am
This Topic is in the wrong location. This "Maintenance" topic should be in the "Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Maintenance Issues, Tips and Tricks".

This particular location is : "Forum Home Forum Home > RpodNation Downtime and Maintenance > Maintenance" which has to do with the "Maintenance" of the R-Pod Forum" itself .

I will be moving this to the most effective location.

Thank-You !
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic