r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod Adventures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Recipies at Potluck

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Tink View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Recipies at Potluck
    Posted: 10 Jul 2010 at 10:57pm
Ya know what? I think there are more recipies out there.

Tink'rPod 174 Knoxville,TN,
sylviablue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sylviablue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2010 at 9:14am
Cornbread.  Excellent!  
In the end there's just a song comes cryin up the night

Brin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2010 at 9:55pm
Ooh, I am thinking corn bread.....  Not fancy but it is making me hungry.
Terri and Craig and Panzer
R-pod 175, 2009
2000 F250 XLT Extended Cab, Diesel
Brin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2010 at 9:47pm
I know that they will already have the baked beans, potato and macaroni salads and meats.  That is what is making this difficult.  I am stuck on something special that is different.  Especially for picky eaters that don't like hot, spicy things.   Desserts are easy because sweets go over well with most people.
 Oh well, if this is the worst thing that I have to worry about, life is good. 
R-pod 175, 2009
pepperpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepperpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2010 at 9:42pm
Originally posted by Brin Brin wrote:

Pie Pod, 

Thanks for the eclair cake recipe.  Craig has asked for it for a Fourth of July barbecue we are going to.  He said his mother used to make this too and he loved it.    Now if someone could give me an idea for a main course or side dish I can take too, the hard work will be over.  I like to cook just not figure out what to cook.
Pulled pork sandwiches, potato salad, baked beans, cole slaw, or pasta salad are just a suggestion.  Deviled eggs are always a hit at our house.
You can buy pulled pork at Sam's Club if you don't want to do it from scratch.
Pepper,Coach,and Henry (a very brave little Maltese)
R Pod 172

The rewards of the journey far outweigh the risk of leaving the harbor...unknown
Tink View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2010 at 9:38pm
how about potato salad, or baked beans? Everybody likes them. Or fried chicken? It doesn't have to be hot. Do something you can do ahead of time and don't have to fuss with. Most importantly, have fun! (and protect your flamingo welcome sign)

Tink'rPod 174 Knoxville,TN,
Brin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2010 at 8:44pm

Pie Pod, 

Thanks for the eclair cake recipe.  Craig has asked for it for a Fourth of July barbecue we are going to.  He said his mother used to make this too and he loved it.    Now if someone could give me an idea for a main course or side dish I can take too, the hard work will be over.  I like to cook just not figure out what to cook.
R-pod 175, 2009
happyrpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote happyrpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2010 at 6:39pm
Thanks Rosemary will be making this for our family gathering for July the 4th.Big smile
Steve&Kathy
2010 Traverse
174 2009
Sassy too Golden Retriever
tabkld93 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabkld93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2010 at 8:30pm
Here is what I received on the roast...

Select a 3 or 4 lb. pot (chuck) roast. 
1  1 lb. bag baby carrots
10 small white (raw) potatoes
1 envelope dry onion soup/dip mix
1 can Beefy Mushroom soup (undiluted)

Place roast in bottom of crock pot.  Place carrots and potatoes on top.  Sprinkle all with salt and pepper.  Pour contents of Beefy Mushroom soup over all and empty envelope of dry onion soup mix over that. 

Turn crock pot to high for approx. 1 hour and then to low for approx. 7 additional hours.  (Easy to do overnight).  Do not be tempted to keep opening lid.  Remove contents in order to cut meat into serving size pieces.  If your juice is thin, add some flour/water to make gravy.  Serve all together in a large casserole.  Serves approximately 8 persons.

Todd, Karen & Leah
'13 Surveyor 240
'12 Ford F150 EcoBoost
Former owner of 2010 R-Pod 172
Sandpiper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandpiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2010 at 3:25pm
Thanks Todd.
 I make a pretty mean pot roast but do it the long way of roasting the meat all day in the oven at about 300 and then adding the vegetables about an hour before the roast is done.  That is the way my Mom taught me. The pot roast and trimmings at the pot luck were superb and I would appreciate knowing how it was done.
Sandpiper
Mrs.'Piper
Ford 150-[Mini Lite 2104S]
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic