r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Maintenance Issues, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

172 Bunk Storage Dimensions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zephyr-POD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 172 Bunk Storage Dimensions
    Posted: 29 Jun 2010 at 9:19am

I was wondering what the dimensions of the storage area beneath the 172 bunk is.  Brannon, at Couch's RV Nation, was kind enough to provide the info.  I thought others may have the same question, so I am posting the info here:  10” high, 31” Wide, 73” long.

Greg
Greg & Melika :: 2009 Ford Escape :: 2011 r-pod 172
pepperpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepperpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2010 at 10:24am
Originally posted by Zephyr-POD Zephyr-POD wrote:

I was wondering what the dimensions of the storage area beneath the 172 bunk is.  Brannon, at Couch's RV Nation, was kind enough to provide the info.  I thought others may have the same question, so I am posting the info here:  10” high, 31” Wide, 73” long.

Greg
Hi Greg,
Thanks for providing the info.  I have found that the best storage bins for the bunk area are the under bed boxes.  There are two sizes, so get the shorter ones.  We still do not have the lifts installed on ours yet.  Because of that, I do not use that area very much.  Much too heavy for me to lift.  There are great instructions, with illustration, on this forum for installing the lifts.
Pepper,Coach,and Henry (a very brave little Maltese)
R Pod 172

The rewards of the journey far outweigh the risk of leaving the harbor...unknown
Zephyr-POD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zephyr-POD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2010 at 11:17pm
Hi Pepper,

Right you are!  In fact, wouldn't it be nice to have a link to it from this post?  Great post by HuronSailor here: http://bit.ly/cqZ7Vd
Greg & Melika :: 2009 Ford Escape :: 2011 r-pod 172
tabkld93 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabkld93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2010 at 7:50pm
We put four chairs, the dome, an outdoor rug, extra soda, fishing tackle boxes, and the kitchen sink all in that storage area.  It is cavernous.  You can't have much weight on top or pepperpod is right, you can't lift the lid!
Todd, Karen & Leah
'13 Surveyor 240
'12 Ford F150 EcoBoost
Former owner of 2010 R-Pod 172
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic