30 [62.50%]
9 [18.75%]
3 [6.25%]
0 [0.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pie_Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2010 at 7:20pm
I would think it is nearly impossible to make everyone happy.  I have driven coast to coast and its really FAR! 

However, if you want to look somewhere in the middle, then I would suggest IL...AND, I would go so far as to suggestion Pine Lakes (where we have our RV). 
http://www.pinelakesresort.com/  ..Its really nice.  The non-holiday weekends are pretty quiet....I would be happy to help organise ....I could ask the owners if they would reduce their price for a large group...and, I would have to find out how many sites are available...but, I would be happy to do that...Of course, there are lots of other state parks that are a lot cheaper...

So, if people are interested in somewhere in the midwest,  this is an option.  (however, I know since I drove here when I moved from California that it takes 3 days to drive from the west coast...longer when towing)...maybe somewhere a little farther West to accomodate the west coast people would be better..
We do our usually vacation in Florida in June...Currently, we have a reservation from June 17-June 25th but we are looking into going a couple weeks earlier....so, June is pretty much out...

We are free in May, July, August, and most of September...the weekend AFTER labor day is out though...

~cindy (Pod_Patrol's Girl)
Mary & Don View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary & Don Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2010 at 7:34pm
Don & I would be willing to be the host for the Round Up if it is in this part of the country. We would  be willing to go to Indiana - either Eby Pines or Shipshewana South Campground would be nice. 
Mary & Don
R-Pod 175
Columbus, Ohio

Life is good in R-Pod!
sylviablue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sylviablue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2010 at 7:51pm
Wherever we go, let's go!  We had such fun this year we'd be willing to go just about anywhere in the middle of the country or points east.  Since it's not likely to be near us we can't volunteer. Stern Smile
In the end there's just a song comes cryin up the night

Daystarsc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daystarsc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2010 at 8:02pm
Groves, Texas

We would travel 600-900 miles (we actually have been 2700 miles this summer!)  Would like to see it in the middle of the country somewhere.
R&T's Pod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R&T's Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2010 at 8:42pm
Landis, NC.

As long as the rally is between middle of June and middle of August we could go most anywhere.  We both teach and are out of school that time.  The DW has faithfully promised we would not miss the next rally because of a summer workshop.  HAHA......Rob
2010 R-Pod 175 2007 F-150 Super Cab R&T's Podding Blog

Linda View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2010 at 4:45pm
Frederick, MD

Not sure how far I would go yet but prefer cooler weather and plenty of trees.
Linda-Maryland-Chev 2500-171
happyrpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote happyrpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2010 at 6:25pm

Wow sounds so great seeing plans already in the making for 2011.  We can come just about anytime & anyplace.  Had soo much fun & can hardly wait to meet up again with y'all.

Steve&Kathy
2010 Traverse
174 2009
Sassy too Golden Retriever
takeabreath3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote takeabreath3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2010 at 9:35pm
i would love to see it somewhere in the middle!!  i would be glad to help in anyway i could.  i love my rpod and love being apart of this forum.  i have learned so much from everyone here.

peace and love, judy
Life isn't a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safe in a pretty well preserved body, but to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up totally worn out, loudly proclaiming WOW WHAT A RIDE
yizit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yizit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2010 at 9:38pm
Southwest would be great for us....just not during the summer months.
Former owner of 2009 Rpod 172
Darlene & Jim, Ewok our Lhasa
Roada our 2004 Roadtrek 190P Conversion Van
rpoders2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rpoders2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2010 at 8:21am
Originally posted by Linda Linda wrote:

Frederick, MD

Not sure how far I would go yet but prefer cooler weather and plenty of trees.
Wisconsin is cooler and has plenty of trees!
But you have to contend with our State Bird...the mosquito  Ouch
Ellen, Dick (2 legs)
Mo Chara (the camping cat) Dudley (the world's best camping dog)
RPod 173
'07 Honda Pilot
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
  Share Topic