Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
6 [12.50%]
30 [62.50%]
9 [18.75%]
3 [6.25%]
0 [0.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yizit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2010 at 9:19am
2ND the Wisconsin locationThumbs Up  Wisconsin Dells has a lot to offer for everyone.
Former owner of 2009 Rpod 172
Darlene & Jim, Ewok our Lhasa
Roada our 2004 Roadtrek 190P Conversion Van
Linda View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2010 at 10:09am
Originally posted by rpoders2 rpoders2 wrote:

Originally posted by Linda Linda wrote:

Frederick, MD

Not sure how far I would go yet but prefer cooler weather and plenty of trees.
Wisconsin is cooler and has plenty of trees!
But you have to contend with our State Bird...the mosquito  Ouch

I have never been to Wisconsin. It is good to know about your state bird. Eastern MD has the Knat which will drive you batty. I was pleasantly surprised last week in Western MD. No flying/biting critters!!!
Linda-Maryland-Chev 2500-171
Butterfly_Lee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butterfly_Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2010 at 2:53pm
OK this is the map I have so far.  Actually I'm thinking that this would be handy just for little get togethers as well a big round ups.  So anyone interest please  reply with CITY, STATE and How far you would be willing to travel.  Right now I have a default of 300 miles, but I can make it shorter distance. 
 In order to make it more meanfully I'm probably going to have make sectors and some smaller areas, but I need to get the web site fixed to accept index and links. 

LeeClap
Still a work in progress, lots of pictures.
http://podterfly.blogspot.com/
Linda View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2010 at 6:31pm
Great map. thanks Lee
yizit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yizit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2010 at 7:46pm
Oh we have nats too.   The mosquitoes are worst around water.  We have only a few in our back yard. 
Former owner of 2009 Rpod 172
Darlene & Jim, Ewok our Lhasa
Roada our 2004 Roadtrek 190P Conversion Van
sylviablue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sylviablue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2010 at 8:22pm
Linda, are you in Frederick Md.?  We lived just south of you in Montgomery County for years.
In the end there's just a song comes cryin up the night

Linda View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2010 at 10:11pm
I found something non-toxic that works pretty good to keep the knats away. It makes outdoor living livable. I have not really tested it against skeeters but would like to hear from others.
It is called BUG-ME-NOT and comes in a small tin like lipbalm. We get it at the local fly fishing shop. http://www.bugmenotbalm.com/ 

Sylvia, I am SW of Frederick near 340 and the Potomac. I lived in Germantown for awhile when I first moved East. I have been in MD for 25 yrs but originally from Wash State.
rpoders2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rpoders2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2010 at 9:04am
Originally posted by Linda Linda wrote:

I found something non-toxic that works pretty good to keep the knats away. It makes outdoor living livable. I have not really tested it against skeeters but would like to hear from others.
It is called BUG-ME-NOT and comes in a small tin like lipbalm. We get it at the local fly fishing shop. http://www.bugmenotbalm.com/ 

Sylvia, I am SW of Frederick near 340 and the Potomac. I lived in Germantown for awhile when I first moved East. I have been in MD for 25 yrs but originally from Wash State.
Thank you for this, Linda.
We live in a wooded subdivision west of Milwaukee and the skeeters are riding in on my three dogs whenever they come in from outside...nasty things...the bugs, not the dogs.  The mosquitos this year seem to be as crows and as precise as a heat seeking missle.  Can't wait to see how they are next week along Lake Michigan as we camp at Point Beach State Park  Ouch
Ellen, Dick (2 legs)
Mo Chara (the camping cat) Dudley (the world's best camping dog)
RPod 173
'07 Honda Pilot
Outbound View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Outbound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2010 at 9:17am
May I suggest a Thermacell while you're sitting around at camp?  They're fantastic for driving away the skitters!
Craig :: 2008 Mazda Tribute :: 2009 r-pod 171, The Johnnie Ray
rpoders2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rpoders2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2010 at 9:29am
Originally posted by Outbound Outbound wrote:

May I suggest a Thermacell while you're sitting around at camp?  They're fantastic for driving away the skitters!
Alrightythen!  Home Depot is .03 miles from me and has them...never heard about this until you so kindly shared...God bless you for saving my skin, blood and vacation!
Ellen, Dick (2 legs)
Mo Chara (the camping cat) Dudley (the world's best camping dog)
RPod 173
'07 Honda Pilot
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>
  Share Topic