Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
6 [12.50%]
30 [62.50%]
9 [18.75%]
3 [6.25%]
0 [0.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butterfly_Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2010 at 7:32pm
Originally posted by barbanjoe barbanjoe wrote:

we are in Arizona and it seems there aren't many podders in the southwest at all, we would love to go north for the summer as we are full time in the valley of the sun(hot!)

The map is only two days old  and it was started as a result of the Eastern Roundup this summer (which were first to go in).  

I think (hope) for more Westerns to show up. Give it a little time.

LeeClap

Still a work in progress, lots of pictures.
http://podterfly.blogspot.com/
gmandual View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmandual Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2010 at 8:03pm
Originally posted by Butterfly_Lee Butterfly_Lee wrote:

Originally posted by barbanjoe barbanjoe wrote:

we are in Arizona and it seems there aren't many podders in the southwest at all, we would love to go north for the summer as we are full time in the valley of the sun(hot!)

The map is only two days old  and it was started as a result of the Eastern Roundup this summer (which were first to go in).  

I think (hope) for more Westerns to show up. Give it a little time.

LeeClap

Yeah the map is something I just through together mainly to see if I could do it and used the east coast podders as a test bed as they had an active thread on the 2011 roundup.    Its far from being a comprehensive list of all pod owners on the forum.    Its kind of an opt in kind of thing where if people want on the map, we can put in a pin in for them if they request it.    So its far from being a complete picture of the distribution of pods.
PodPatrol View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PodPatrol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2010 at 1:07am
Is it possible to get a "center" based on all current Podders locations ?
Ellis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ellis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2010 at 11:17am
With plenty of notice we can go just about any time of the year.

Suggest the beautiful Colorado Rocky Mountains.

We'll consider driving 900 miles.  Wisconsin, Minnesota, would be my vote in order to stay out of the heat & humidity of the South.
Bob & Linda Ellis
plus Lowie the Westie
2011 R-POD 177 / 2000 Dodge Dakota
Tink View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2010 at 1:11pm
Set it up and I bet we'll show up!

Tink'rPod 174 Knoxville,TN,
cybspod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cybspod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2010 at 9:18pm
You forgot Montreal, Quebec, Canada :-D
rpod not urpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rpod not urpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2010 at 8:33am
Maybe somewhere close to Iowa would be nice.
lovin podding
PodPatrol View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PodPatrol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2010 at 4:46pm
Definitely the heat and humidity was present at Ft Boonesboro, I'm sure its not always like that.

North would be interesting (MI, WI), but I imagine it's very difficult to pick a perfect center so as many Podders could come as possible, considering the most populus area of current Podders.
Those with enough time and resources to travel long distances have the advantage. But that is a good thing when considering location. Traveling to another Podder location to continue "together" to the next location (on the way to the RoundUp) has been mentioned.
The logistics are a nightmare, but it's been done, and there were alot of Podders there, and was very successful !
MsGumbo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsGumbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2010 at 8:36pm
I would really love to attend the 2011 R Pod Roundup!  And I've never been to Wisconsin, except to pass through on the train.  But any location would be  considered.  Someplace not hot!

Would you put me on the map?  I'm in west central Arkansas in Mena.  We have a lovely state park here that could be an option.  It's called Queen Wilhelima, if you want to google it.  But it does get very hot here in the summer.

jackie
Tamms View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tamms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2010 at 10:13pm
We live in Beavercreek, OH,, and have been thinking of Colorado as our furthest destination for our 2-week trip this summer (no definate dates yet). Of course if it is close, we can do it just about any time.

If it is far away, we have to do it when school is out (end of 1st week of June until 3rd week of August) as I teach in a public school. Hubs can ususally take off if he has enough notice.
Tammy, Robert, and Linus the morkie (Two & a Half Nerds)
'10 RP-174 (Nerd Pod)
'07 Dodge Ram 1500 quadcab
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
  Share Topic