r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Miscellaneous / Off-topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stage Two

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PodPatrol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stage Two
    Posted: 01 Jul 2010 at 11:58pm
It is with heavy heartsCry that Cindy and I notify you all that we have traded in Astro and purchased a larger RV. Due to our numerous situations (both full time employees, kids, me playing in a band, taking care of the house, etc, etc) we decided that "currently" the weekend trips pulling Astro (and 3 passengers) was going to be to few and to far between. As you all know we have a site in a Camp Resort an hour from home. We really luv it there, and so does my son. We have decided to go larger, and not tow at all.
The unit we purchased is a '02 31' TT. We will be posting pics soon as this has happened so quickly we barely had time to get it set-up at the Camp, let alone take photos.(& we luv the photos!)
We really miss Astro already, but not as much as we miss the awesome friends we have made here, and we're realizing that's what its really all about. We still would like to be apart of this wonderful family.
We have notified admin and he has asked us to stay on as moderators. We were very flattered, and so it shall be, as long as the members here agree. We will graciously step aside as moderators if the members feel its fitting that the moderators be r-Pod owners. We would totally understand.

I hope you all will understand we have made this decision so we will be able to spend as much time RVing as we can. (even though we're parked!LOL) But believe it or not, the other Seasonal Campers at the resort remind us of the friendlyness we encountered at the 2010 ERU.
We are very happy with the new RV, and there is plenty of room for all of us. But we are still avid admirers of the r-Pod, and will "always" remember our wonderful times w/Astro, Couch's, and the '10 ERU. We hope that r-Pod Nation will still be our "RV" home online. Can't imagine life without it now.
Butterfly_Lee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butterfly_Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2010 at 12:01am
Once A Podder always a Podder I say.

LeeClap

(Always do what is best for You and Yours and the rest will take of itself)  Congratulations on the new addition to your family. 
Still a work in progress, lots of pictures.
http://podterfly.blogspot.com/
PodPatrol View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PodPatrol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2010 at 12:06am
Thank-you Lee ... and put "so well" !!! (as usual)Hug
DixiePod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DixiePod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2010 at 7:39am
PodPatrol,

I'm sure all the podders would still be proud to camp next to you!Tongue
Glad you agreed to stay on as moderators!  Thanks!

Happy 4th of July!!

DixiePod
2010 R-Pod 172 "DixiePod"
Tow vehicle: 2001 Expedition (V-8 Triton)
Just podding along Looziana style!
Mrs. 'Piper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs. 'Piper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2010 at 9:05am
Ted and Cindy...............I totally agree with Lee..........once a podder always a podder.  I'm more than glad to have you as the r-pod nation moderators and wish you all the best on your new adventure. 

Mrs. 'Piper (Anne)
Sandpiper (Carroll)
RPOD 177
Site #196 2011 Eastern Roundup
PodPatrol View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PodPatrol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2010 at 9:13am
Thanks Dixie & Mrs Piper .... We are really Sad about Astro, but we knew we had to make a few tough decisions.
But what eases the pain are Great Friends like You !!!
pepperpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepperpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2010 at 9:14am
Ted
You and Cindy have been great moderators.  We would never want you to leave.  The type of trailer may change, but your friends don't.  Enjoy the extra room in the new trailer. Big smile
Pepper,Coach,and Henry (a very brave little Maltese)
R Pod 172

The rewards of the journey far outweigh the risk of leaving the harbor...unknown
Pie_Pod View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pie_Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2010 at 9:32am

I really feel sad about Astro.  I loved the pod and I loved the fact that it was so small that it was impossible to junk it up and still be able to function...(our house has waaay too much junk accumulated)  The Pod was great from just Ted and I but when we added his son...and we had bad weather (which seemed to happen almost every weekend), we were cramped in the Pod..

The new units is a 2002 Jayco Designer.  It has a really awesome kitchen, a table with 4 chairs, a sofa bed/recliner a small bathroom which needs some work, and bedroom. The bed is a queen bed..you can walk completely around it...There are cabinets galore in the bedroom.  There is more storage in this bedroom than I have at my house!!  However, the outside storage for the unit is verysmall...we have about the same as with the pod...

We have one thing left from the pod....Our license plate...I told Ted, I want to keep it.

Afterall, it is still "R Pod", its just a little larger now....

I'm still calling the RV, "the pod"...Some habits are hard to break.

I am off to work...then, as soon as I am done, we are heading to the lake...I will get pictures to post next week...I hope everyone has a safe a happy 4th of July!  (I'm sure most of us will be camping/podding)
~cindy (Pod_Patrol's Girl)
PodPatrol View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PodPatrol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2010 at 9:43am
The first thing we will be hanging up inside the new unit is our 2010 ERU Pod sign that Sandpiper made.
We also will be making a copy of the group picture to frame and hang beside it !
Sistahs View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sistahs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2010 at 11:09am
Thanks to you both for all you have done for us podders and hopefully will continue to do. All you have is today, so do what you need to do for each day and all will be as it should be. Happy Camping!
2010 R-POD 171
2003 FORD F-150
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic