r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod Adventures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

10 days at Rocky Gap State Park Maryland

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 10 days at Rocky Gap State Park Maryland
    Posted: 06 Jul 2010 at 9:30am
Just got back from 10 days of camping. I went up on my own and Hubby came up on the weekends so I did all the setup myself. yea.  The weather was wonderful during the week, 40-50 a few nights. Hiked the 5 mile loop trail, kayaking, fishing (lots of pan fish, 3 large bass and a snaping turtle) Saw lots of Deer.

The electric loop here is very private but does allow dogs. Unfortunately I had inattentive owners for a few days. Only other problem was the voltage drop during the hot weather. It got down to 90v at times. The highest voltage I saw was 106. My AC did fine above 100v but the motor struggled below that so I didn't run it a few times that I would have liked to when hubby was there. luckily the weather was nice except a few days. Looking forward to doing some dry camping here in other sites. 

Finally got brave and put the kayak on top. I double strapped it because I envisioned it sticky out the front of the pod :)

The first evening after setup  ahhhhhh

relaxing evening on the lake

campsite 18

Went on a nature walk with a local wild flower expert and photographer. Great people

canoes in waiting

almost forgot but how could I. On the return trip 5 miles from home I had to lock up the breaks on the tv at 50mph because of a bicyclist made the wrong last second decision. Heart-stopping but the pod stayed right behind me!!

I really enjoyed the pod but need to get a manual for the oven. 
Linda-Maryland-Chev 2500-171
sylviablue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sylviablue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2010 at 10:10am
Fantastic Linda!  You're a great photographer and the camp was just perfect.  Where in Maryland is the park?

In the end there's just a song comes cryin up the night

Linda View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2010 at 10:18am
Thanks sylviablue, here is a map, hope the link works 
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&ll=39.723164,-78.636789&spn=0.055387,0.076303&t=h&z=14&msid=117958417227575017199.00048ab8afca6ec4fdd24
shenandoah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shenandoah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2010 at 11:14am

Beautiful, Wonderful pictures!!!!!!

Sounds and looks like you had a relaxing and meditative time.  Wish that I had some locations within decent driving range like your pics.  But, I can't complain, thousands of acres of national forest land to park and enjoy the beauty that is  Mother Nature!

Have not looked at the link for the map yet, but i'm sure your not to far for the Shenandoah Valley, here in Virginia.  National Forest on both sides, with the Appalachian Trail on the far east side.

Linda View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2010 at 7:12pm
Thank you shenandoah. There looks to be a lot of campgrounds between me and you. Have you been to The Log Cabin campground?
shenandoah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shenandoah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2010 at 7:18pm
not yet

But i'm getting around

Ying Yang
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic