r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Miscellaneous / Off-topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Deciding on rpod versus mpg

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ratdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2010 at 1:16pm
Originally posted by traveler3 traveler3 wrote:

Though the outside appearance is similar between the MPG and the r-pod here are some differences to consider. The MPG has a full fiberglass wetbath and the r-pod only has a shower pan. There is no sink in the bathroom in the r-pod, but there is one in the MPG. The MPG comes with two propane tanks and an auto regulartor, r-pod just one tank. There are night shades in the MPG and only mini blindes in the r-pod. Storage is much better in the MPG. The tires are one inch larger in the MPG. MPG has diamond plating and a rear bumper r-pod does not. Just with those few items the MPG outpreforms the r-pod. And, for a couple hundred dollars more you get a lot more for your money with the MPG. Some food for thought.

Including more weight Wink.

-- Steve

Steve, Anne, and Paige the Rat Terrier
2013 Lexus RX 450h Hybrid AWD
2011 RP-177 (aka: The Circus Wagon)
Butterfly_Lee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butterfly_Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2010 at 1:28pm
Originally posted by traveler3 traveler3 wrote:

Though the outside appearance is similar between the MPG and the r-pod here are some differences to consider. The MPG has a full fiberglass wetbath and the r-pod only has a shower pan. There is no sink in the bathroom in the r-pod, but there is one in the MPG. The MPG comes with two propane tanks and an auto regulartor, r-pod just one tank. There are night shades in the MPG and only mini blindes in the r-pod. Storage is much better in the MPG. The tires are one inch larger in the MPG. MPG has diamond plating and a rear bumper r-pod does not. Just with those few items the MPG outpreforms the r-pod. And, for a couple hundred dollars more you get a lot more for your money with the MPG. Some food for thought.
Yes, all those things are true.
IMHO...  If you have the money and big truck (because you will need both) than I suggest you go to the Heartland MPG Forum and discuss how much better the MPG is over the r_pod there.

Two years ago Heartland MPG was NOT a winkle, until the R-pods came out , and Heartland copied them and more than likely used this forum to enhance there models.  Just about everything you mention has been talked about at length here on rpod nation over the last couple of years. 

Meanwhile over the last two years I've had a lovely RV (reasonably priced), towed with a 4cyc truck, and traveled over 10,000.   

Some food for thought "Why come on a R-pod forum and trash our RV's".  You didn't ask for any information, just put the r_pod down.
No offense to you personally, but I'm pretty tried of people playing the One Up Man Ship CardAngry

LeeClap

P.S. I apologize if I offend anyone but it needs to be said.  So you join r-pod nation and figure out you want something else, or trade RV or can't camp for whatever reason.  You probably have good information to still to share, it's more then Welcome and Invited and still a good source of information and kindred souls. 
Still a work in progress, lots of pictures.
http://podterfly.blogspot.com/
Peggy L. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peggy L. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2010 at 2:27pm
If you check traveler3's "homepage" in his/her profile, the answer is clear. It links to an RV dealer in Cincinnati that sells the MGP. Sleezy advertising in my opinion.
Traveling with Herb and the Boon-doggie

2010 r-pod 171 pulled by '11 Silverado
Ratdog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ratdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2010 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by Peggy L. Peggy L. wrote:

If you check traveler3's "homepage" in his/her profile, the answer is clear. It links to an RV dealer in Cincinnati that sells the MGP. Sleezy advertising in my opinion.

Since the posting was clearly an advertisement, perhaps one of the mods could delete the message (and maybe the whole thread).

-- Steve

Butterfly_Lee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butterfly_Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2010 at 4:14pm
Originally posted by Ratdog Ratdog wrote:

Originally posted by Peggy L. Peggy L. wrote:

Since the posting was clearly an advertisement, perhaps one of the mods could delete the message (and maybe the whole thread).

-- Steve
I second the motion, and kick Traveler3 off...If I had time today I called their office and complain.

Here's there 800-332-4270  Also note I think you have to pay for every incoming call on a  800 line.  I could be wrong, but we can call anyway.

LeeClap

Still a work in progress, lots of pictures.
http://podterfly.blogspot.com/
tdrace View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdrace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2010 at 5:48pm
Thank you Butterfly Lee. It is amazing what people do. They must be hurting for business. To much time on their hands.
Theresa's Seaside Cowgirl
2010 FORD F150 V-8
2010 R-POD 173
Sisters on the Fly #1569
Billy Bob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billy Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2010 at 6:06pm
Not to mention that it gives one happy member of R-Pod nation that happens to own a MPG a bum rap. 
2011 Visa 23RBK pulled with 2010 Nissan Titan. 12.5 MPG when towing.
The Most Beautiful Thing In Life Is The Ability To love.
www.BillyAdeliza.homestead.com
Ratdog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ratdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2010 at 6:24pm
Originally posted by Billy Bob Billy Bob wrote:

Not to mention that it gives one happy member of R-Pod nation that happens to own a MPG a bum rap. 

I hope you don't think for a single second that we would classify you in the same category as that guy!

-- Steve

Outbound View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Outbound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2010 at 7:28pm
I really must object to any talk of deleting posts.  In his single post, traveler3 was hardly spamming the board nor was he flaming anyone - he was just posting a controversial opinion.  And we're all secure enough to accept others controversial opinions, aren't we?  Particularly in a forum that encourages rebuttals and dialog?

Yes, links to dealers must go, preferably with an explanation to the poster and to the community at large.  But we shouldn't even consider throwing someone off simply because we disagree with the sentiments of a single post.

Thats my 2 cents (Canadian) on this, anyway...
Craig :: 2008 Mazda Tribute :: 2009 r-pod 171, The Johnnie Ray
Ratdog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ratdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2010 at 7:46pm
Originally posted by Outbound Outbound wrote:

I really must object to any talk of deleting posts.  In his single post, traveler3 was hardly spamming the board nor was he flaming anyone - he was just posting a controversial opinion.  And we're all secure enough to accept others controversial opinions, aren't we?  Particularly in a forum that encourages rebuttals and dialog?

Yes, links to dealers must go, preferably with an explanation to the poster and to the community at large.  But we shouldn't even consider throwing someone off simply because we disagree with the sentiments of a single post.

Thats my 2 cents (Canadian) on this, anyway...

I agree in theory about not deleting posts, not banning posters, and keeping everything open. However . . . in this situation we have a competing TT company posting what is nothing less than an advertisement for his product on a board owned by and supported by an r-pod dealer. The r-pod dealer doesn't advertise here. Why should a competitor be alllowed to advertise here?

Just my $.02.

-- Steve

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic