r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod Owners Registry
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New R-POD 174 Owner - Illinois

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
sylviablue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sylviablue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New R-POD 174 Owner - Illinois
    Posted: 09 Jul 2010 at 11:16am
Welcome, welcome.  Enjoy your Pod!
In the end there's just a song comes cryin up the night

Terrier-Pod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terrier-Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2010 at 11:18pm
Originally posted by Ratdog Ratdog wrote:

Ron - Do you know if Silky Terriers are related to Rat Terriers. We have a rat terrier that weighs 12 pounds (see my avatar). I know Rat Terriers were bred to kill rats and mice, too (hence their name). I read about one real performer that killed over 1,000 rats and mice in a farmer's barn in the space of a week.

I can say that we haven't had any rats or mice since we got our dog. Of course, we didn't have any rats or mice before we got our dog, either <g>.

-- Steve

I don't believe they are related. The silky's resemble larger Yorkshire or Yorkie's . Our WWII vets brought the Silky's to America from Australia which also helped start the breed here!
Ron
Tink View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2010 at 8:32pm
I also have a 2009 174. Love it! Welcome!

Tink'rPod 174 Knoxville,TN,
happyrpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote happyrpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2010 at 6:43pm
Welcome 174 we have the 2009 174 & love it.  Have done a few mods but that only makes it more ours. Hope you have as many fun times as we are.
Steve&Kathy
2010 Traverse
174 2009
Sassy too Golden Retriever
Ratdog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ratdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2010 at 5:32pm
Ron - Do you know if Silky Terriers are related to Rat Terriers. We have a rat terrier that weighs 12 pounds (see my avatar). I know Rat Terriers were bred to kill rats and mice, too (hence their name). I read about one real performer that killed over 1,000 rats and mice in a farmer's barn in the space of a week.

I can say that we haven't had any rats or mice since we got our dog. Of course, we didn't have any rats or mice before we got our dog, either <g>.

-- Steve

Steve, Anne, and Paige the Rat Terrier
2013 Lexus RX 450h Hybrid AWD
2011 RP-177 (aka: The Circus Wagon)
Terrier-Pod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terrier-Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2010 at 5:18pm
You bet !

We have two Silky Terriers (14 lb and 13 lb) - they are a purebred mix of Yorkshire and Australian Terriers that originated in Australia bred for rats and snakes on the farms there...

They both love the new R-Pod.

Thanks for the welcome aboard!

Ron
R. Wolflick
DixiePod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DixiePod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2010 at 1:32pm
Welcome, Terrier-Pod and congratulations on your new 174!
Bet you have a lot of memories of that first camping trip 40 years ago!

Glad you didn't have any hitches with your pod your first trip out!

Happy Pod-ing!
2010 R-Pod 172 "DixiePod"
Tow vehicle: 2001 Expedition (V-8 Triton)
Just podding along Looziana style!
PodPatrol View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PodPatrol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2010 at 1:19pm
Welcome fellow Illinoisian. Congrats on the new "amazing" r-Pod !

Welcome to, as you well know by now, the most informative (and friendliest) r-Pod forum in the world !!!
Sistahs View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sistahs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2010 at 11:32am
Welcome to the wonderful world of podding! Can I assume you have a terrier? My smooth fox is always checking the posts for possible friends .  Since she is the big reason we got the pod, I have to let her rule.
2010 R-POD 171
2003 FORD F-150
rpoders2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rpoders2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2010 at 11:18am
Congrats!  Isn't Lake Geneva a fun place?  We were there...went down from Delafield, WI last month!  Welcome Hug
Ellen, Dick (2 legs)
Mo Chara (the camping cat) Dudley (the world's best camping dog)
RPod 173
'07 Honda Pilot
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic