r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Our 174 mods storage!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote happyrpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Our 174 mods storage!!!!
    Posted: 07 Jul 2010 at 7:26pm
Just a few of our mods plus PaPa cut hole in side compartment  so we could store our dome lengthways under bed from the outside like I think 175s are.  Drawer comes next under the bed.  Sorry forgot to turn picture right way.  Microwave is stored hidden behinds mirror doors above frig & now have a convection under corner cabinet.  Drop down table by window has been one of my favorite adds & is always in use. 
Steve&Kathy
2010 Traverse
174 2009
Sassy too Golden Retriever
Butterfly_Lee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butterfly_Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2010 at 8:11pm
Where is the cabinets above the bed come from?

Nice Mods.

LeeClap
Still a work in progress, lots of pictures.
http://podterfly.blogspot.com/
happyrpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote happyrpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2010 at 8:54pm
PaPa built all my cabinets in the kitchen above the frig.(holds tall things in place going down the road) & the new corner one above the convection too(it holds all my pots & pans) plus all the new ones in the back that holds dvd player dvds plus lots more.  Next project drawer under bed & cabinet in bath.
Steve&Kathy
2010 Traverse
174 2009
Brin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2010 at 9:05pm
Kathy,  Craig is making the counter and is almost done.  I just have to stain the trim and the support leg he made---he did it slightly different from yours.

He is also currently making the under bed drawer but still fine tuning it before I can stain it.  He lined the side near the heater vent with duct material to hopefully deflect the heat outward.  Since it is 100 degrees here today, the heater won't come on to see if it works ok.   I can't believe he has been out there working on this stuff in the heat.   I will be happy if these two things are ready for our trip to WV in less than two weeks.  I guess I had better get busy finishing it this weekend. 
I suspect the over the bed cabinets will have to wait till we get back--hopefully, he won't run out of enthusiam for doing it. 

Once again, thanks for the inspiration.  You guys should join us at Canaan Valley state park.
Terri and Craig and Panzer
R-pod 175, 2009
2000 F250 XLT Extended Cab, Diesel
tdrace View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdrace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2010 at 9:14pm
Love all your ModsClap Great jobBig smile
Theresa's Seaside Cowgirl
2010 FORD F150 V-8
2010 R-POD 173
Sisters on the Fly #1569
PodPatrol View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PodPatrol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2010 at 10:46pm
I agree .... really nice wood additions. I luv da "Wood" !!! Great Mods Happy!!
Tusten Traveler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tusten Traveler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2010 at 12:37pm

WOW- very impressive carpentry skills!! I assume from what you are saying about cutting a hole through the indoor/outdoor storage and putting a drawer under the "bed" that you never set up for a dinette? Not a bad idea, although we do like the option once in awhile.

Very nice job! Thanks for sharing. I might have to "borrow" the drop down table idea :-)

John and Linda
One 14 lb Cockapoo
2010 RPod 174
happyrpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote happyrpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2010 at 5:55pm
No no dinnette back there now but what PaPa did was cut that dinnette table narrow (like the 175 model) so we have it in front of the couch for eating & still can get through to the bed in back.  The table then gets stored by the fridg cabinet when in tow.  Heading home today from Pigeon Forge to tackle our drawer under the bed.  I think I'll let PaPa rest after that for awhile.  Oh forgot we also added the black tank cleaner like our kids had on their unite for easier cleaning of the pot( hated having to use the wand through the camper.)
Steve&Kathy
2010 Traverse
174 2009
Brin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2010 at 10:20pm
Kathy, what is the black tank cleaner?
Terri and Craig and Panzer
R-pod 175, 2009
2000 F250 XLT Extended Cab, Diesel
happyrpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote happyrpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2010 at 3:03pm
LOLTerri did you get my post on the better way of keeping the black tank cleaned out!???  If not let me know & will repost & show pictures after PaPa gets it installed this week.
Steve&Kathy
2010 Traverse
174 2009
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic