r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod Owners Registry
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

rpod 171

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: rpod 171
    Posted: 26 Feb 2009 at 8:44am

Hi everyone! Just got my 171 a few days ago. we really love it. We bought ours in Hunstville Alabama and got a good deal. Can't wait to go camping. We hook everthing thing up and stayed one night here in the yard just yo may sure everthing worked fine. Everything checked out O.K. so we should be ready. Jim

Linda Faust View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linda Faust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2009 at 7:26am
Hi Jim
We are in Wisconsin and just bought the 171 too.  We can't get it home until March 28th though.  Linda
RPod 171 Rav 4
Happy Camping, Ted, Linda & our labradorable Gracie
jim View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2009 at 9:22am
Big smileHi Linda good to here from you. We really like the rpod and the 171 think we made the right choice. We got ours with all the options and the white cabinets really brightens things up a bit. Our 1st trip will be the 14th. Let me know when you get yours and congrats on you purchase. Jim

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linda Faust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2009 at 5:46am
How was your first camping trip?  I hope you had fun.  Linda
RPod 171 Rav 4
jim View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2009 at 5:36pm
TongueReally had a great time Linda Even though it rained a couple of days. I posted some pics. We are already looking forward to our next trip in two weeks. Clear Creek Park is now open , guess we will go there. Happy camping!!! Jim.
David and Danette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David and Danette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2009 at 6:26am
    This is our first post, plan on picking up our rpod 171 end of the month in Hamilton ,Ohio.
Have been a tent camper, but my wife said she did not want to sleep on the ground. So now we will camp in luxury. Both of us grew up with parents having travel trailers, motor homes, and pop up campers. We have some experience, but will be first time doing the driving pulling a travel trailer. We hope our saturn vue V6 is up to the task. We looked at the rpod"s at a tampa rv show, we like the space and aerodynamics of its shape. Was born in the Hamilton area, plan on driving up from SW Florida. We will visit realatives camp in Ohio on way home camp in Kentucky and Tennesse before heading home. Hope saturn can make it over the mountains. Smile happy camping David and Danette
SWFL   171
2010 Jeep Liberty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linda Faust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2009 at 12:58pm

Hi David and Danette

You will love the 171!  We have a Rav 4 which is similar to the Vue and it is fine.  We keep it at 55 mph, out of overdrive and we don't use cruise.  There is plenty of power.  I have been camping in travel trailers my whole life too.  For the past 25 years we had a pop up.   We drove to Disneyworld from WI yearly as the kids grew up.  I have to drive the mountains at night because I am afraid of heights (what I can't see can't hurt me Thumbs Up!!!!) The grade is not too bad and we never had a problem.  Send pics when you get home!   

RPod 171 Rav 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David and Danette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2009 at 4:10am
    Hi Linda
         We made it home safely. We did drive the mountains at night , for the reason of there being less traffic. The moon was full, and the outline of the mountains looked like shadows. It was very beautiful ! My wife drove some and did very well, her first time pulling a trailer. The rpod pulled behind the car very well. We had a good time , will post pictures when I have time.  Happy camping    Smile    David and Danette
SWFL   171
2010 Jeep Liberty
J233 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J233 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2009 at 9:17am
David and Dannete,

congrats on your r-pod. How was your mileage with the Vue, especially in the mountains ?

J233

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David and Danette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2009 at 5:21am
 J233     Our mileage was somewhere between 10 and 11 mpg. In the mountains it was close to 10. We had either a stong headwind or crosswind. Using the AC in Fl. was .5 mpg less. As I said in a earlier post it pulled verry well behind the Vue. I think one of the reasons it handles so well is the wheels are on the outside of the trailer making it very stable , keeping it from rocking.      David and Danette
SWFL   171
2010 Jeep Liberty
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic