r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Maintenance Issues, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Product Alert

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zephyr-POD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2010 at 10:27pm

Patrick,

Whoa - now that is cool.  When I wrote my original post, I never expected for someone from etrailer.com to read/review it, much less become involved.

It's going to take me a few days (at least until the coming weekend), but I would be happy to hook it all up again and take some pictures.  Nothing would make me happier than to hear you say, "Just put it together this way and you will be good to go."

If we can get it hooked up and working, rest assured - it will bring me great joy share the information with other members of this board.  I will email you directly here soon.

Cheers!

Greg

Greg & Melika :: 2009 Ford Escape :: 2011 r-pod 172
Butterfly_Lee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butterfly_Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2010 at 10:56pm
Thanks for assisting Etrailer.

This form works in mystery ways.

LeeClap
Still a work in progress, lots of pictures.
http://podterfly.blogspot.com/
pepperpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepperpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2010 at 11:51pm
Originally posted by Butterfly_Lee Butterfly_Lee wrote:

Thanks for assisting Etrailer.

This form works in mystery ways.

LeeClap
Makes one wonder what other interested parties are viewing our little conversations. Clap
Pepper,Coach,and Henry (a very brave little Maltese)
R Pod 172

The rewards of the journey far outweigh the risk of leaving the harbor...unknown
Butterfly_Lee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butterfly_Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2010 at 12:11am
Makes one wonder what other interested parties are viewing our little conversations. Clap

I thinks quite a few,  If it helps as in this case it has, it's a good thing.  (i.e. Just like last year we complained about front stabilizers and now the newer pods have them.) 

LeeClap
Still a work in progress, lots of pictures.
http://podterfly.blogspot.com/
etrailer View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote etrailer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2010 at 10:49am
Greg,

I got your email. As you pointed out it may be a simple step in the installation/set-up process that is causing the trouble. The pictures will give us some good insight as to what is going on.

The last thing we want is a customer to feel like we didn't do what we could to help them out, so we do things like this to make sure we help each customer completely.

Patrick
LabRatICMP3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LabRatICMP3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2010 at 12:18am
I had bought this hitch from etrailer http://www.etrailer.com/Weight-Distribution/Reese/66041.html for use with a Coleman Tent trailer that has a swing up jack.  It looks like this hitch has longer spring bars then the Reese 66024 hitch.  When I got my RPOD 177 I mounted the friction pads on top of the A frame as stated in the instructions for the 66024.  The longer spring bars allows the pads to be mounted further back on the frame and the standard propane tank mount does not interfere.  I guess I lucked out because the hitch I bought for the older trailer works great for the RPOD.  The only WDH I have ever used is the Reese 66041 so I don't have anything to compare it with but I think it really improves the ride when towing.

etrailer View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote etrailer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2010 at 10:48am
Originally posted by LabRatICMP3 LabRatICMP3 wrote:

I had bought this hitch from etrailer http://www.etrailer.com/Weight-Distribution/Reese/66041.html for use with a Coleman Tent trailer that has a swing up jack.  It looks like this hitch has longer spring bars then the Reese 66024 hitch.  When I got my RPOD 177 I mounted the friction pads on top of the A frame as stated in the instructions for the 66024.  The longer spring bars allows the pads to be mounted further back on the frame and the standard propane tank mount does not interfere.  I guess I lucked out because the hitch I bought for the older trailer works great for the RPOD.  The only WDH I have ever used is the Reese 66041 so I don't have anything to compare it with but I think it really improves the ride when towing.

I was wondering if this might be at least part of Zephyr-POD's problem. This has come up with a few of our customers with their pop-up Jayco and Coleman campers. As I understand it, the R-Pods are relatively new, so it may just be that we have not seen this problem pop it's ugly head with them yet.

I'm hoping that when Zephyr gets to snap some photos the problem will become clear.

Patrick
etrailer View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote etrailer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2010 at 5:25pm
Just to update everybody:

Zephyr-POD took some pictures this weekend that have been really helpful. I'm waiting to hear back from him with answers to a couple questions but I think we're getting close to positively identifying the component that is causing the problem.

Once we do that, we can determine what solutions are available.

Patrick

PodPatrol View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PodPatrol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2010 at 10:24pm
Thanks for getting back w/us Patrick !! We really appreciate it !
Zephyr-POD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zephyr-POD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2010 at 7:15pm
Hi Guys,

It's been a couple of weeks, so I thought I would post an update. Etrailer (Patrick) is still working with me. Last weekend he had me take pictures. We discussed the pictures throughout the week in email.  This weekend he had me take measurements.

He got back to me quickly last week, and I suspect he will again tomorrow. With any luck, the measurements will be telling and help us get to the root of the problem (and solve it).  I will update the thread as the issue develops.

LabRatICMP3 - I am encouraged to hear someone else has this system (even if not identical) working with their r-pod. It gives me hope that there is a solution out there, and that I won't be stuck with expensive paperweights. ;)

Greg
Greg & Melika :: 2009 Ford Escape :: 2011 r-pod 172
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic