r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

172 mods

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zephyr-POD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 172 mods
    Posted: 13 Jul 2010 at 8:28am
I am looking for mods specifically for the 172.  I am particularly interested in bunk storage, mirrors, bathroom ideas, stove and/or sink covers, floor mats, and general storage in cabinets, etc.

Photos are useful if you have any.

Thanks,
Zephyr-POD
Greg & Melika :: 2009 Ford Escape :: 2011 r-pod 172
Daystarsc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daystarsc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2010 at 8:28pm
Zephyr-POD,

Here is a link to what we have done in our 172, Harry Podder.  http://rpodnation.com/harry-podder-modified_topic1387.html  We have also taken out the mini blinds and added room darkening curtains at the windows and across the bunks.  Also I replaced the cloth showercurtain with a plastic one - I used the cloth one to make nightstands for the bunks - Sewed it into pockets and hung them up with comand hooks.  Now we have a place to put our glasses and books and stuff.
Butterfly_Lee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butterfly_Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2010 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by Zephyr-POD Zephyr-POD wrote:

I am looking for mods specifically for the 172.  I am particularly interested in bunk storage, mirrors, bathroom ideas, stove and/or sink covers, floor mats, and general storage in cabinets, etc.

Photos are useful if you have any.

Thanks,
Zephyr-POD
Zephyr.. I wish I was more organized, but if you do an advance search under modications and search by butterfly_lee. You should come up with pictures of my mods on Podterfly.

From Front to Back. added or modified the following

Toolbox, Front stablizers (first models didn't have them), Foot Pad and Wheel, 8 ft Sewer hose carrier, bunk bed lifter, curtains for bunk bed, trim on top bunk for Laptop storage, clear arylic holder on wall beside bunks (4 glasses and cellphone charging station), mirror on bathroom door, basic over the door hangers, netting along counter below stove for shoes, netting behind stove and sink for stuff, cover for stove doubles a splash guard.  4 inch trim above fridge to hold small crates, trim along side fride to hold small table/cover cover when traveling, tint on bed rails along dinning area, made storage by sink easier to access (cut board and added 2x2), created access door to pass though under bench seat, replace blinds with curtains, added Podterfly logo and put butterflies around the r-pod circles, made a vinyl holder for portable firepit and water toys attached to spare tire, put lock on spare tire receiver also have a lock on front hitch when not towing, sewed straps on r-dome for easy pull up(over) and down.  Plus some miscellanous Butterfly chimes and lites for at night.

LeeClap

P.S.  Next projects is to finish 12volt wiring, add shelf above window by sink for coffee pot, add second battery (with toolbox), add two more straps on r-dome for day time securing without taking down.

P.S.S If you can't find the picture just let me know.

Oh
Still a work in progress, lots of pictures.
http://podterfly.blogspot.com/
gmandual View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmandual Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2010 at 8:29pm

okiecamper View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote okiecamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2010 at 2:05pm
I like the Kitchen ,  great idea
i also like to raise my bottom bunk so you can sit on the edge of it and  remove the top bunk so you have more headroom  with shelves on each end like you guys did.

also i think sliding doors  maybe also  with pull out trays  where you have drawers.

great ideas

Phil
there are storms in life, the secret is to learn how to dance in the rain

2010 172
2006 chevy siverado 1500
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote okiecamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2010 at 10:00am
How did Gary install those shelves  in the dinette ?

How did he attach them?

those are really great!

thanks

2010 172
2006 chevy siverado 1500
Daystarsc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daystarsc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2010 at 3:31pm
He used a Kreg pocket hole jig (from Lowes) to be able to screw them into the wall.  They also rest on the top of the window valance.  We don't put heavy stuff on them - just towels and dvds.  Send him a pm and he can explain it further if needed.  (He is MacTx53)

Becky
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote okiecamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2010 at 6:19pm
thanks Becky, I will

2010 172
2006 chevy siverado 1500
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic