r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Miscellaneous / Off-topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

r-Dome Assembly Video

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Poll Question: Should a r-Dome Assembly Video be made?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
46 [80.70%]
0 [0.00%]
9 [15.79%]
1 [1.75%]
1 [1.75%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandpiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2010 at 10:23pm
OK, OK  Calm down.  We're just trying to make a memorable video.  That's all.  I guess we could do with out the elephants.  I just thought you would have some in your lawn "ornaments?"
We've got all sorts of time.

I guess we could do without the dancing girls too.  But the beer is not negotiable !
That, a video camera and the R Dome and we are home free. 
Let's do it. 
Podpatrol, have you had any other offers ? Did MGM or anyone from Hollywood call ? How about MTV or ABC or CBS ? 
Well we don't need them do we team ?

Sandpiper
Mrs.'Piper
Ford 150-[Mini Lite 2104S]
pepperpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepperpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2010 at 11:27pm
Originally posted by Tink Tink wrote:

HUMPH!!!!! Elephants! Ya think Rosemary and I can't do anything! HUH??? Rosemary, if the Zoo won't lend us an elephant, I'll have to see what I can do!
Seriously, that's a great idea to do an R-Dome video while we are there. I think it can all be done. We have 3 days for it, after all.
Tink, I think he has underestimated us!!!  I have a lead on some PINK elephants!!! Big smile
 Stay tuned. LOL
Pepper,Coach,and Henry (a very brave little Maltese)
R Pod 172

The rewards of the journey far outweigh the risk of leaving the harbor...unknown
PodPatrol View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PodPatrol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2010 at 2:27pm
Honestly, I came back to this thread to delete it cause I've missed the new posts.
This is great !!! I thought perhaps the poll options may had been a bit to "gamey". Oh, was I mistaken. How did elephants and weight loss get involved ??? At the ERU I didn't see any elephants, and no extra 30lbs.
Did I miss something ???? I think not !
Have fun with this, make it funny, serious, informative, or non-sense, just do it !!! It'll be a big hit !!!

I promise !!! LOL
PodPatrol View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PodPatrol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2010 at 2:36pm
Please incorporate the "mods" to make it easier to assemble. Perhaps perspective r-pod owners could address this issue w/their dealer to replace the track screws (or straighten them out) and making the track more flanged to help slide the r-Dome through it. The more insight the better.
Perhaps FR will address this issue if dealers are being asked to improve the r-Dome track.
George View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote George Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2010 at 5:41pm
Elephants or not, a video illustrating an r-dome set-up is just real cool.  If the video production occurs during the camping in Maumee I think I'll do the round-up just so I can witness the making of the video.  I think it has a real chance of being a classic.Thumbs Up
I can't stop dreaming about June 15, 2013 when we get to permanently escape in our "Escape Pod" which is a 176T towed by a Chevy van with a 5.7L engine.
rpoders2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rpoders2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2010 at 6:23pm
I'm thinking maybe we do two videos...one before the beverages and one after that has a Charlie Chaplin silent movie feel to it Clap
Ellen, Dick (2 legs)
Mo Chara (the camping cat) Dudley (the world's best camping dog)
RPod 173
'07 Honda Pilot
PodPatrol View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PodPatrol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2010 at 6:29pm
Originally posted by rpoders2 rpoders2 wrote:

I'm thinking maybe we do two videos...one before the beverages and one after that has a Charlie Chaplin silent movie feel to it Clap

Great Idea !!!
PodPatrol View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PodPatrol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2010 at 6:33pm

After a short view of the "Poll" ... I'm wondering who voted for the 3rd and 4th choices. My guess is they are married to one another ....LOL Wink LOL

Elvis would be proud !!!
Sandpiper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandpiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2010 at 7:55pm
The campers registered so far for the Fall Ohio Roundup have taken a secret vote ( you didn't know about it did you?) and decided that anyone not in the production crew  will have to pay admission to watch this EPIC film being made.  There will be  an autograph session BEFORE the filming starts and the cast will be available to sign autographs for A FEE.
So anyone wanting to watch a real professional? crew in action had better get signed up soon because the limited spots are going like snowballs in June in Kentucky.
Sandpiper
Mrs.'Piper
Ford 150-[Mini Lite 2104S]
PodPatrol View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PodPatrol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2010 at 8:08pm
So now we are at the point of "filming" the "filming" of "How to Construct an r-Dome" ??? I can hardly wait for the sequel .... "r-Dome II",,,, subtitled: "how do we get this thing down and back into that little bag?"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
  Share Topic