r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Miscellaneous / Off-topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

r-Dome Assembly Video

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
Poll Question: Should a r-Dome Assembly Video be made?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
46 [80.70%]
0 [0.00%]
9 [15.79%]
1 [1.75%]
1 [1.75%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr*****k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2010 at 8:56pm
I set up the r dome ( first time) but the hardest part was snaking the "rope" end via the channell on the r pod.  A couple more times and that plastic rope is going to wear to nothing.  They have got to come up with a better system. snap on latches would be a whole lot better.  Either way , we will post a vid next time we set ours up.  its pretty easy.... snake the rope end..... run the arch tube.....snap on the 3 extension rods.  The worst part about is is that.... the r dome walls do not hit the ground at the same level.  It does not matter how you snake the rope.  there is an engineering flaw somewhere in the design.  Even the netting for bug protection does not flow around the expand a stairs. George
YakDriver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YakDriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2010 at 2:49am
Beer
OK! To all the foreigners (those north of the Red River) who challenged us to an R-Dome video -- click on my blog link in the siggie. We've posted two videos from the 2010 Texas Roundup. One video has the two person tag team method and the other shows a tall fat man doing the assembly solo.

Thanks for the challenge. It made me finally dig the video equipment out from under the bunk in the R-Pod. Who knows? We'll probably do more videos.
YakDriver, Ain't Leo, Chaz and Lil Harry in grrr-Pod

2013 r-Pod 182G Hood River; 2013 Ford F150 STX

YakDriver's Blog
George View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote George Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2010 at 3:35am
I must be stupid because I looked through your blog for 15 minutes and could not find any video.  Sorry.
I can't stop dreaming about June 15, 2013 when we get to permanently escape in our "Escape Pod" which is a 176T towed by a Chevy van with a 5.7L engine.
Peggy L. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peggy L. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2010 at 7:38am
I was able to see the two person installation, but couldn't find the solo video. (Hint: if you right click on the video and opt to see it on YouTube, it's larger.)

Very nice job with the video. I say we keep both the northern and southern versions.

(Nice to see you on the board again George.)
Traveling with Herb and the Boon-doggie

2010 r-pod 171 pulled by '11 Silverado
Sandpiper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandpiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2010 at 10:03am
Yakdriver
Great job with the video.  And I was worried there was just hot air coming out of Texas. 
I've got to admit you guys did a little more professional presentation BUT we had the Pink Peril narrating our video and I'll bet a Yuengling we had more fun doing ours.
Again, thanks for doing the video and with the two combined I think they will help newbies with their R Dome installation. 
Maybe someday we all can get together and REALLY do a bang up job on a really good video.

I couldn't find the one man (woman) show either.  Maybe the hot air carried it up, up and away.
Sandpiper
Mrs.'Piper
Ford 150-[Mini Lite 2104S]
Tink View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2010 at 10:08am
Do you think we should move the other video to here? I bet not many folks have seen it. It is sort of hidden.

Tink'rPod 174 Knoxville,TN,
Sandpiper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandpiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2010 at 10:17am
That would be nice Pinky er I mean Tink.  Will you do that for us?

Sandpiper
Mrs.'Piper
Tink View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2010 at 11:36am
Sandpiper,

I'm  not that computer savvy. Maybe Pod Patrol can do it for us. He hasn't been around lately.

Pinky

Tink'rPod 174 Knoxville,TN,
Sandpiper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandpiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2010 at 1:32pm
Ok,Ok    I'll just copy olphart's post and put a copy here.

"As promised I have the video of putting up the Rdome on Vimeo:

http://vimeo.com/15714034

It's pretty crude, with dropped frames, jumpy camera, bad sound but it shows how it's done.  I don't think MGM is gonna knock on my door any time soon"

Thanks again Pinky and olphart for doing this for the Podders.

And thanks to Yakdriver and the Texas crew for their rendition of how to put up the R Dome with out using Pink Elephants or dancing girls.  It can be seen here YakDriver's Blog  EDIT: http://www.yakdriverblog.com

Sandpiper
Mrs.'Piper
psaman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote psaman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2010 at 1:56pm
GREAT VIDEO!!! I now feel confident enough to try it myself, thanks. Thumbs Up
2011 RP177 "Sponge Pod"
2011 F-150 XLT "Texas Edition"
P2 Brake Controller
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
  Share Topic