r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Miscellaneous / Off-topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

r-Dome Assembly Video

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Poll Question: Should a r-Dome Assembly Video be made?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
46 [80.70%]
0 [0.00%]
9 [15.79%]
1 [1.75%]
1 [1.75%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2010 at 5:32pm
Thank you, Sandpiper. I never thought to copy and paste it. You are SOOOOOOOOOOO smart!

Tink'rPod 174 Knoxville,TN,
YakDriver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YakDriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2010 at 6:03pm
The R-Dome videos are up at http://www.yakdriverblog.com. Take a look and give suggestions. We're always looking for a way to speed it up.
YakDriver, Ain't Leo, Chaz and Lil Harry in grrr-Pod

2013 r-Pod 182G Hood River; 2013 Ford F150 STX

YakDriver's Blog
George View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote George Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2010 at 3:24am
I do not see how I could have missed them, they are both right there.  Perhaps I am not stupid, maybe I am just blind.Confused
I can't stop dreaming about June 15, 2013 when we get to permanently escape in our "Escape Pod" which is a 176T towed by a Chevy van with a 5.7L engine.
YakDriver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YakDriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2010 at 4:20pm
OK. For those of you who wanted the direct link, here 'tis.

Solo installation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9UnSouVUpU

Duo Installation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YK2YFljZZ3U
YakDriver, Ain't Leo, Chaz and Lil Harry in grrr-Pod

2013 r-Pod 182G Hood River; 2013 Ford F150 STX

YakDriver's Blog
Abby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2011 at 9:19am
I'm a newbie; getting my 171 this week.  I really want the dome as I think I could use this to corral my dogs some without having them on a tether all of the time but didn't know if I could put it up alone.  (I'm a short, fat girl!  :)   After watching this video, I think I can do it.  Of course, I always carry stepstools with me and I know it'll take me twice as long but I think it might be okay to purchase it. 
kymooses View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kymooses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2011 at 10:21am
I'm only about 5'6 and can put ours up alone without any stools or anything.  Just a bit of silicone spray.

We corral our doggies with ours when we're in it with the sides all zipped up.
Butterfly_Lee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butterfly_Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2011 at 2:30pm
Originally posted by Abby Abby wrote:

I'm a newbie; getting my 171 this week.  I really want the dome as I think I could use this to corral my dogs some without having them on a tether all of the time but didn't know if I could put it up alone.  (I'm a short, fat girl!  :)   After watching this video, I think I can do it.  Of course, I always carry stepstools with me and I know it'll take me twice as long but I think it might be okay to purchase it. 

I have a similar build and can put my dome up by myself.  Two points about corraling your dogs, depending on training and size, they can still get out.   My Lab mix likes to protect the campsite and warns passerbys (more bark then bite I don't take chances), and will even run to say hello (so he is on a tether).   The  two little dogs may or may not join the big guy, but they do fit easlily under the flaps.     I bring nylon rope and make a dog run (preferably three different directions so they don't tangle) with big clips, and hook up a watering bowl in the middle.

My point is the Dome won't really corral the dogs, you might want to look into one of the fold up playpens/corrals to put in the Dome.

LeeStar
Still a work in progress, lots of pictures.
http://podterfly.blogspot.com/
Abby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2011 at 10:14pm
That's good validation to know that you can do it. 

If everything is down (sides, front), my dogs will mostly stay in it if I am "at home".  I wouldn't leave them in it if I weren't on site.  It looks like there is some kind of rubber thing that lays on the ground.  Thought I could lay bricks on it or even use some U shaped pins to hook it into the ground to make going out under it something they'd have to think about.  Won't know till I see it.

FYI on your run: I drive a one of those posts you can hook your dog to into the ground and attach a retractable leash for each dog to it.   They almost never get tangled that way.
Tomcamper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tomcamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2012 at 3:56pm
Great video.  Thanks.   It takes me an hour to set up by myself.    Good humour on the site.   Only problem I had from directions supplied was what to do with those roof polls.  
Tomcamper
2016 4runner
Dreampod 177

06 GMC Envoy
Tink View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2012 at 6:09pm
Which video did you watch? One of the videos takes you inside and shows you.

Tink'rPod 174 Knoxville,TN,
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
  Share Topic