r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Some of our 175 Mods

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Some of our 175 Mods
    Posted: 20 Jul 2010 at 11:18am
Well, my husband and I are out enjoying Loveland, CO this week and have got our pod set up. This is our first real trip so I took some pictures of the mods I've been working on in preparation for our trip. It's an endless, but fun, project to customize this puppy. Our pod is still unnamed, but I have a few ideas brewing... Anyway, here are some of the modifications so far:

This is the wall beside the entry when you walk in the door. I added a mail sorting rack so we have somewhere to drop our keys; the dogs leash; etc. I also added a small whiteboard (I'm a 3M Command Adhesive addict now). Finally I stuck some shatterproof flower-shaped mirrors up (also using command adhesive instead of the mirrors own stickers so I can remove them later without tearing up the wall).

Our kitchen has probably seen the largest number of modifications so far. Behind the fridge is some stackable wire shelving so I can try to keep our food and dishes and such organized. Within the picture you can see I added a paper towel holder; spice racks; roll organizer (under the window); various baskets and hooks to organize things; towel hooks (over the doors); and our stove cover/cutting board. I got tiny table legs from Home Depot and my very handy neighbor helped me shorten them even more. They're attached with mounting brackets to the underside of a bamboo cutting board from Walmart. It is my favorite mod so far - I love having the extra workspace/catch all space/etc here. I've also used more 3M Command Adhesive hooks here to hold our cutting boards off the counter and a colander.

Next are some wire magazine racks that I found to hold our laptop and other junk. I used those screwin hooks on the side of the fridge where I knew there was framing/wood and can just lift the baskets off when we bring in the slide. We've also got a tiny magazine rack between the sofa and the fridge that serves are our paper recycling bin.

Thankfully, the park we're in offers FULL recycling so no trips to town! We recycle our plastic; cans; and glass daily and store that outside the pod (on more 3M heavy weight hooks). I remove the hooks when we're driving so they don't fly off and hit someone. There's also a heavy weight hook for my husband's fishing waders to hang and dry.

2011 R-Pod 175 + Jeep Grand Cherokee v8 (with a Hemi!) = Fun!
Kim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2010 at 11:24am
I was only able to post 3 photos at a time, so here are more of the mods...

I removed the hanging fabric thing from the wall over the bed and added a pantry / wire shelf basket thing. It stores undies; bras; PJs; little dog clothes; etc in a quick easy to access spot.

You can also see 1 (of 2) phone charging racks I installed on the TV cabinet (more 3M!) so we can have our phones, which act as our alarm clocks, charging when we sleep (and making a racket when it's time to get up).

There's also a tension rod with a blackout curtain (in dark brown) hanging in front of the bed so one can be up earlier and not wake the other with light. :)

Here are a few additions to the bathroom to make showers more pleasant: New showerhead; soap dish; and mirror. There are also some waterproof (3M again!) hooks behind the toilet (but well below the curtain rod so whatever is on them does not get wet) and a toilet paper holder (also behind the curtain when the shower is in use.

Finally, here's a pic of the pod and dome setup from the outside.

2011 R-Pod 175 + Jeep Grand Cherokee v8 (with a Hemi!) = Fun!
PodPatrol View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PodPatrol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2010 at 3:20pm
Great Mods Kim !!! Thanks for sharing. It looks very homie, and comfortable !
Brin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2010 at 10:12pm
Originally posted by Kim Kim wrote:

I was only able to post 3 photos at a time, so here are more of the mods...

I removed the hanging fabric thing from the wall over the bed and added a pantry / wire shelf basket thing. It stores undies; bras; PJs; little dog clothes; etc in a quick easy to access spot.

You can also see 1 (of 2) phone charging racks I installed on the TV cabinet (more 3M!) so we can have our phones, which act as our alarm clocks, charging when we sleep (and making a racket when it's time to get up).

There's also a tension rod with a blackout curtain (in dark brown) hanging in front of the bed so one can be up earlier and not wake the other with light. :)

Here are a few additions to the bathroom to make showers more pleasant: New showerhead; soap dish; and mirror. There are also some waterproof (3M again!) hooks behind the toilet (but well below the curtain rod so whatever is on them does not get wet) and a toilet paper holder (also behind the curtain when the shower is in use.

Finally, here's a pic of the pod and dome setup from the outside.

Terri and Craig and Panzer
R-pod 175, 2009
2000 F250 XLT Extended Cab, Diesel
Brin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2010 at 10:13pm
Whoops, I meant to ask, where did you get the rack that you put next to the bed?   I would like to replace our fabric thing too.
Terri and Craig and Panzer
R-pod 175, 2009
2000 F250 XLT Extended Cab, Diesel
R&T's Pod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R&T's Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2010 at 6:59am
Those mods look great.  Rob
2010 R-Pod 175 2007 F-150 Super Cab R&T's Podding Blog

Carrie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2010 at 10:29am
Wow!!!!!!  I"m lovin those mods!!!!!!!  I'm going for a case of 3M sticky things today!!!!! WOW!

Carrie
Jason Podder View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jason Podder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2010 at 1:00am
Great job with your mods! How long does it take you to put your -r-dome up? Happy Podding!
R-Pod 176, Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta, Canada
2011 Nissan Titan Crew Cab
happyrpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote happyrpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2010 at 9:34pm
You did a great job on all your mods!!!
Steve&Kathy
2010 Traverse
174 2009
Sassy too Golden Retriever
Caverkim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caverkim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2010 at 9:37pm
Everything looks great!  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic