r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod wish list, what we love, what we would love to see
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Adding a Larger TV

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiogajoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Adding a Larger TV
    Posted: 30 May 2009 at 3:37am
Has anyone tried to install a larger TV into their R Pod.  We have a 175 and I have been toying with the idea of taking down the 9" tv/DVD player from the wooden mount over the bed and hanging a 19 inch plasma.  Seems like it will hold but was wondering if anyone else has found a place to put a larger TV in the Pod.

Joe
capringl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote capringl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2009 at 11:10pm
I was going to but have decided to keep the 9" inch under the counter tv because the wife loves to use it while cooking. I did buy a 23" lcd monitor which I will bring with us and place on the counter. I bought the monitor because it had HDMI input and I can hook up my PS3 to it and watch Blu-Ray movies at 1080p. Plus I love playing games on the PS3...also since I didn't mount it I can take it out into the r-dome at night after the kids/wife go to bed and play the PS3 with out bothering anyone.
Craig
R-Pod 172
2008 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
jherald02 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jherald02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2009 at 3:31am
I had the same idea that you did.  There is a mount on ebay right now that rotates 360 degrees, flips up 90 degrees, and has a quick detach function in case I want to take the TV out in the dome to watch it.  We have also added Directv. 
Let's hit the road!
Chieko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chieko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2009 at 11:06am
I am thinking to remove cabinet and put swing arm on the corner of exit wall. That way I can watch TV from kitchen and bed. However the wall looks so thin and also the carb or the wall, I am afraid to remove cabinet... May be stay as it is... Ours are 175!
Tiogajoe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiogajoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2009 at 5:30am
A few weeks ago I removed the small tv off the cabinet over the bed in the 175.  I bolted a new tv mount to the front of the cabinet for a 19" sony plasma.  Our service man thought it would be fine and so far it has worked out well.  The TV slides into place easily and we remove it and place it on the bed when we are moving.  The mount moves right and left and gives us a great picture when we sit on the couch.  Now, if I could just get an antenna that works a little better than the one that came with the trailer we would be in could shape.

Joe and Sue
Going Cross Country
plantkiller View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plantkiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2009 at 5:41pm
I want to mount a 32" LCD to one of the wall of my RPOD.  I have a 172 and a 32" (1080p)LCD would look fantastic behind the sink/stove.  I can then run the cables straight up through the factory hole to connect the power and the cable.  However, I am scared to drill holes through the RPOD walls to attach a VESA mounting bracket.  I know that I must attach the bracket to an aluminum wall stud.  But, I'm scared of damaging my brand new trailer.

Has any one mounted a flat panel TV to their RPOD yet?  If so, can you share your experence and post any pics if you got them.  Thanks in advance.
2010 R-POD 172 (version 1.0)
2007 NISSAN FRONTIER SE 4x4 w/ Prodigy P3
yizit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yizit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2009 at 6:21pm
We haven't installed anything large like a 32" TV in that area, but we did mount a paper towel holder.  The metal stud is located just above the window frame.  I'm not sure you'll have enough room to attach the bracket.
Former owner of 2009 Rpod 172
Darlene & Jim, Ewok our Lhasa
Roada our 2004 Roadtrek 190P Conversion Van
XPod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XPod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2014 at 6:17am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic