r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > R-Pod Round-Ups
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Texas Labor Day Roundup 2010

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butterfly_Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2010 at 10:59pm
No this is Saturday Nite dinner...Round UP tradition is a potluck or diner on Saturday evening.

For Saturday nite OCT 9 AT HUNSTVILLE, We are doing Mexican_Cajun Potuck.

No problem, Isn't great we finally are getting together the first year such a challenge with schedules and trying to get together.

LeeClap

Thanks for the support with Podterfly.

Still a work in progress, lots of pictures.
http://podterfly.blogspot.com/
YakDriver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YakDriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2010 at 9:41am
When we decide where we will have the potluck we should have the grilling problem solved. Each site has grill/fire ring. I also have a small Weber charcoal grill. And there is also about 60 lbs of charcoal under the table in Grr-pod. So don't worry about that.

As for the sites at Prairie Branch - Ain't Leo was concerned that we may be challenged for R-Dome space on a lot of the sites. I will be going back up there Thursday or perhaps Monday to take some pictures of likely looking sites. I'll make notes of the numbers and post them here. That way when we arrive we will have an idea of which sites may be best. (I'm assuming that everyone will want to put up their 'Dome.)

I second Lee in saying that I really appreciate the way everyone has jumped in to support this Roundup. It is coming together really well. And the micro-Roundup in September should be a hoot, too.

Ain't Leo and I will be staying through Monday morning. Maybe we could have a nice breakfast before we break down to hit the trail home.

Boondocker, you are just enjoying some the side effects of R-Pod addiction. I've said before that I sometimes go down to the storage yard so that Lil Harry and I have a place to work away from the house. I've been known to tow it to other places just to feel like I'm doing something grand. I'll have to admit that I haven't dreamed about Grr-Pod yet, but I'm sure it'll happen before long.
YakDriver, Ain't Leo, Chaz and Lil Harry in grrr-Pod

2013 r-Pod 182G Hood River; 2013 Ford F150 STX

YakDriver's Blog
Butterfly_Lee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butterfly_Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2010 at 3:19pm
I have found that even on smaller sites, I pull Podterfly to the edge of the slab (if there is one) or close to the electrical and water outlets.  That normally gives me half of the R-dome on the slab and the rest in the grass.  Cause most camp sites look like they are designed to hold wider RV's.

LeeClap

And/Or have a Lazy Sunday Breakfast (a la Ihop style, each of us do something likes eggs, pancakes, bacon etc) to enjoy the day extra day off.  Monday have bagles, muffins, fruit, juice and coffee because we all will still have to breakdown, then drive home on a Holiday.Cry
Daystarsc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daystarsc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2010 at 4:44pm
Lee,

I like the way you think and you make good plans.  Breakfast on Sunday morning (or 10/11-ish) and easy stuff on Monday.  I am actually staying over until Tuesday and then going on to Austin if at all possible.  All depends on knee and/or hand surgery.  (told you I was falling apart!)

Becky
Jason Podder View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jason Podder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2010 at 4:52pm
Hi Fellow R-Podder!

Hope you are not mad that I chose my name to be "Jason Podder"...We are big Harry Potter fans and using this name just seemed so right....was not trying to copy you..lol...Cheers and  happy podding...maybe we will run into you someday on the road!
R-Pod 176, Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta, Canada
2011 Nissan Titan Crew Cab
Daystarsc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daystarsc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2010 at 5:15pm
No worries on the name!!  I like anyone who like Harry Potter!  LOL  Happy Podding to you also.  You never know who you will run into but if they are Podders then they have to be good people.
Butterfly_Lee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butterfly_Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2010 at 2:50pm
SIX MORE DAYS!!!!!!!!!Taking Friday off work...So I'll pack on Thursday and leave on in the Morning on Friday for Segiun..Pickup Podterfly probably stop by a Car wash and then to PalmettoCool..

LeeClap
Billy Bob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billy Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2010 at 3:39pm
Have a great time Lee. On a little different note, I just pulled up the Huntsville SP site and they had on opening in the Prairie Branch section. Soooo, I just made my reservation there and changed everything for the second time. Please don't move or the park people will beat me severely about the head and shoulders. Have it for Oct, 8th to 10th. Will try to make it on the 8th, if not my spot is saved for the 9th. Circle the Pods, here comes the black sheep bunchBig smile.
2011 Visa 23RBK pulled with 2010 Nissan Titan. 12.5 MPG when towing.
The Most Beautiful Thing In Life Is The Ability To love.
www.BillyAdeliza.homestead.com
Billy Bob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billy Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2010 at 3:54pm
FYI, we just moved over to Prairie Branch so all nine of us (T/T's) will be in the same area. Since we don't have a dome, we will be happy with any none dome suitable site nearby.

[QUOTE=YakDriver]
As for the sites at Prairie Branch - Ain't Leo was concerned that we may be challenged for R-Dome space on a lot of the sites. I will be going back up there Thursday or perhaps Monday to take some pictures of likely looking sites. I'll make notes of the numbers and post them here. That way when we arrive we will have an idea of which sites may be best. (I'm assuming that everyone will want to put up their 'Dome.)

2011 Visa 23RBK pulled with 2010 Nissan Titan. 12.5 MPG when towing.
The Most Beautiful Thing In Life Is The Ability To love.
www.BillyAdeliza.homestead.com
YakDriver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YakDriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2010 at 4:29pm
I'm glad all the kinks are working out for October. Look forward to it, Billy Bob. Thumbs Up

Lee, we will be at Palmetto earlier in the day on Friday. We'll be leaving on Tuesday. My wife's job keeps us hopping around the scheduling issues, but I think we're safe for now.

I hope we can get our rigs close together. If not, it's a small park. Everything on the RV side is pretty compact.
YakDriver, Ain't Leo, Chaz and Lil Harry in grrr-Pod

2013 r-Pod 182G Hood River; 2013 Ford F150 STX

YakDriver's Blog
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic