r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > R-Pod Round-Ups
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Texas Labor Day Roundup 2010

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daystarsc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2010 at 5:24pm
Lee & YakDriver,

I too will be arriving on Friday - as early as possible.  Turns out that I am having surgery on my right knee on Tuesday and I am not confident that I will be able to make the trip on Thursday.  I will be there on Friday, God willing and the creek don't rise.

First one there select all three spots!

Becky
YakDriver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YakDriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2010 at 6:28pm
Cry Sorry to hear about the knee. Sounds like hiking is off the table for a while. We're looking forward to seeing you guys.
YakDriver, Ain't Leo, Chaz and Lil Harry in grrr-Pod

2013 r-Pod 182G Hood River; 2013 Ford F150 STX

YakDriver's Blog
Butterfly_Lee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butterfly_Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2010 at 9:56am
So I'm at work till noon, so far. 
Mostly packed just need to add a load a couple of things pick up Myra and Dogs was hoping for a departure time of 1PM, but my keyboard on my phone won't work so I'll have to stop by the Sprint store before I leave.  So don't expect me be before dinner time.  It's a three hour drive to Podterfly, pickup food at H.E.B, then 40 miles to Palmetto.  If (they better) get my phone working I call becky and let know when I leave.

LeeClap

Still a work in progress, lots of pictures.
http://podterfly.blogspot.com/

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butterfly_Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2010 at 6:26pm
My phone is broken on my way. What time does the ranger station close

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butterfly_Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2010 at 10:59pm
OK what are the ODDs this will happen twice?  That my phone would brake just before the Roundup? Of course Myra's phone worked and a Hurricane is headed for Corpus Christi Area as I returning from a Round UP.

Regardless we have a great time, only two pictures of note (had all three dogs so I was a little distracted from camera duty), the Park was wonderful and well worth a return trip.  
The Park Ranger Office was very rustic to include the Largest Spider and Web I've ever seen (apparently a good insect eating spider), plus a large sack of eggs.  Of course they named the spider Charlotte.

The second is from the overlook at the park entrance.  

Hopefully Yakdriver and Daystarsc have more pictures.

LeeClap

Less then 30 days to 2nd Annual Roundup  Yippeee
YakDriver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YakDriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2010 at 8:33am
I'm hoping that the odds are astronomical of it happening again.

The harder I worked to break camp, the harder it rained. Finally got it done, dumped the tanks and went to the bath house to change into some dry clothes. Lo and behold, when I walked out the door to get in the truck -- NO RAIN! DRY! Of course it didn't last but a half hour - long enough to get gas, kolaches and coffee before getting on the freeway.

Ain't Leo believes we've drained our bad luck, so Huntsville should be a mega-winner for all of us. We are really looking forward to it. Even Lil Harry is resting up so he can see his friends again.

YakDriver's Blog
Daystarsc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daystarsc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2010 at 10:42am
I concur!  A great time was had by all - including the dogs.  LOL  Yakdriver, that lul in the rain was the eye of that hurricane going over!!  Wacko  The drive home was very bad but the memories of a happy weekend kept me sane.  Hug  Of course Zoe slept all the way home.  She was worn out.Heart
Tink View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2010 at 12:46pm
Did you guys make an R-Dome video?

Tink'rPod 174 Knoxville,TN,
YakDriver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YakDriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2010 at 2:13pm
R U kiddin' me? We'd have needed scuba gear.

YakDriver's Blog
Tink View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2010 at 6:53pm
LOL!!!

Tink'rPod 174 Knoxville,TN,
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic