r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Miscellaneous / Off-topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sunbeam Convection/Microwave

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ibosket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sunbeam Convection/Microwave
    Posted: 29 Jul 2010 at 11:37am
I note several posts about the poor manual that comes with the Sunbeam convection microwave installed in the r-pods, and was searching the Sunbeam Web site for more info on it.  Here's an interesting item under the "Major Appliances" link on their site: http://www.sunbeam.com/SpecialAnnouncement.aspx   

Also, when you click on the "Microwave Ovens" link you only get this:  http://www.sunbeam.com/Number.aspx

It appears that Sunbeam no longer produces these ovens (or has them produced to sell under their name) and is distancing themselves from future issues with them due to the bankruptcy of the manufacturer.  

We are also struggling with the poorly written manual, but it looks like we'll just have to rely on third-party cookbooks and/or instructions to overcome the learning curve.

Curt / 2009 r-pod 175 / 2010 Toyota Tundra
Jerome View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2010 at 9:43pm
r-pod 177 few weeks old...

I wonder why Forest River chose these... bankruptcy sale? 

We have the button that open the door broken after the MW unscrewed itself... I am not sure what happens next...

BTW, we have a Tundra 2010... can you share your mileage (unless it is a well guarded secret)? Thanks
Jerome
r-pod 177 (July 2010) Tundra 2007 Long Bed
Jerome View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2010 at 9:43pm
oops I was dreaming... 2007 Tundra, looks like new to me Wink
Jerome
r-pod 177 (July 2010) Tundra 2007 Long Bed
Derekrainman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Derekrainman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2011 at 9:52am
Ours won't cook popcorn and it's a 2011! A great idea that's for sure. Makes good frozen French fries!
Third camper in ten years. 177 is the best we have had. Chevy crew cab truck to pull it with
pepperpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepperpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2011 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by Derekrainman Derekrainman wrote:

Ours won't cook popcorn and it's a 2011! A great idea that's for sure. Makes good frozen French fries!
We had the same problem with popcorn.  Put the bag on a microwave safe plate and keep an eye on the popping.  It has been working for us.  By the way,  it makes great frozen pizza. Big smile That is the convection oven makes a good pizza.
Pepper,Coach,and Henry (a very brave little Maltese)
R Pod 172

The rewards of the journey far outweigh the risk of leaving the harbor...unknown
cmjmoore View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmjmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2011 at 12:05pm
We have lost our Manuel would someone be willing to scan the cooking section and post it here? Please. Clark
TRI-POD
Me, my Honey & Max our GSP
2013 Surveyor SP 240
2012 Toyota Tundra Crew Max 4x2
5.7L V8
Peggy L. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peggy L. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2011 at 4:55pm
Traveling with Herb and the Boon-doggie

2010 r-pod 171 pulled by '11 Silverado
furpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2011 at 11:45pm
Originally posted by Derekrainman Derekrainman wrote:

Put a plate under the bag. Works perfect once you do that. We forgot the plate just this last weekend.. wasted a bag of Redenbaker's... But soon as we put the plate we carry.. just for popcorn, under it.. worked fine. Wink
Mark, Susie, Micah, and The Maggie.
'11 RP177(sold) '17 Lance 2295FurPodsMods
'17 Ford F250 CCSB
pentachris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pentachris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2011 at 1:28am
Originally posted by Peggy L. Peggy L. wrote:

http://www.pentachris.com/stuff/SB-22200.pdf
Wow, I haven't deleted that from my webspace yet? Big smile
cmjmoore View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmjmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2011 at 8:57am
Thanks a million. Clark
TRI-POD
Me, my Honey & Max our GSP
2013 Surveyor SP 240
2012 Toyota Tundra Crew Max 4x2
5.7L V8
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic