r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod Adventures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dry Camping in Flagstaff, AZ.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote argh6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dry Camping in Flagstaff, AZ.
    Posted: 29 Jul 2010 at 11:51am

We had a blast on our first trip out with the Pod!  It is so well designed, easy to use, and comfortable!  We stayed in the national forest south of Flagstaff, AZ.  After reading the board, I have quite a few mods planned, but after this trip one mod has been bumped to the top of the list:  mud flaps!  HAHA!  It rained on our way there and the roads were quite muddy!  While the Pod towed great through the mud, the entire side area behind the wheels was coated.  Luckily a strong shower rolled through and washed most of it off for me!  (And zero leaks too!)
Jerry, Julie, Kaiti, & Abbi ~ Phoenix, AZ ~ 2010 172T ~ 2004 Acura MDX
PodPatrol View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PodPatrol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2010 at 12:10pm
Zero Leaks, an Operational AC = "Good To Go" !!!!!

Great pics, and your pit crew looks like a Pro getting those stabilizers down/up. Looks as if the Pit Crew will have a new member soon.
Congrats !!!!
Don't worry about the mud, gives your Pod a great look !!
Butterfly_Lee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butterfly_Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2010 at 12:24pm
I stayed at a county/military park just south of Flagstaff last year.  Hummingbirds all over the place.  Once I have Podterfly Level, Myra has the same job, put down the lego blocks and stablizers.  Last year she had to use the crank, this year I got her (me) LOLa drill bit.

I found some car mud flaps (didn't cut the long piece just let it rest inside the wheel well, did have to cut for the r-dome skirt rail) at an auto store for $10, and 6 holes and small bolts later had flaps.

LeeClap

Still a work in progress, lots of pictures.
http://podterfly.blogspot.com/
wec38 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wec38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2010 at 12:56pm
Wow,  great pictures!  Thanks for sharing -- it looks like you had a blast!
Clint & Justin
Charlotte, NC
2006 Dodge Durango SLT 4.7L
2010 R-Pod 175
happyrpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote happyrpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2010 at 9:29pm
Awesome pictures & loved the one with the little one helping out!!  She looks like she had a blast!!
Steve&Kathy
2010 Traverse
174 2009
Sassy too Golden Retriever
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic