r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod wish list, what we love, what we would love to see
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wish List for Tturbo

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tturbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2010 at 9:08pm
Originally posted by Tink Tink wrote:

I actually know the answer to something! About your microwave sparking. Mine did that too. Wouldn't do anything but spit sparks at me when I tried to microwave something. Took it to the dealer (one more time) and they took the plate out of their microwave and put it in mine and popped popcorn! No kidding, just put one of your dinner plates in it and forget it. Now mine works like a charm. Just remember to take it out when you use the convection.

You know I finally read the manual and it clearly states to use a plate when microwaving popcorn so I guess that helps me there. However it did the same thing when I was only trying to heat a cup of water but I'll try just a regular stoneware plate in there and see what happens. Thanks for the suggestion, Tink!
Tess&Brad
R-Pod 173T
'07 Hyundai Sante Fe V6
tdrace View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdrace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2010 at 9:23pm
What do you mean 2x4 to strengthen the couch? My couch seems to sag a little in the middle.   Thanks Theresa
Theresa's Seaside Cowgirl
2010 FORD F150 V-8
2010 R-POD 173
Sisters on the Fly #1569
tturbo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tturbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2010 at 12:06am
Originally posted by tdrace tdrace wrote:

What do you mean 2x4 to strengthen the couch? My couch seems to sag a little in the middle.   Thanks Theresa
Well you are right the couch sags and I can't remember where we saw it but someone added a 2 x 4 brace to the underside of the couch area, Brad wants to add a support in the middle as well to brace the whole couch. In addition, I want the couch to stay upright while I dig under it for stuff. It's really difficult to hold it up or crawl under it for a box. So we're going to try something here anyway.

Tess
Tess&Brad
R-Pod 173T
'07 Hyundai Sante Fe V6
Butterfly_Lee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butterfly_Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2010 at 1:03am
For the MicroWave:  I use a glass plate plate, it works if you are Micro Cooking or Convention Cooking, plus it collect spills or boil overs (it happens), and is very easy to clean out.

FYI the kernels in popcorn get so hot that they react with the metal and burn the bag especially if it heavy butter.  The glass insulates or isolates the metal from the paper bag, regular Microwaves have glass or plastic turntables so they don't have that problem. 

For  Baking I use s Metal Pizza Pan, cookies, pizza, rolls etc do real well with a little Pam.

LeeClap

Still a work in progress, lots of pictures.
http://podterfly.blogspot.com/
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic