r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod Warranty, Service and Recall Bulletins
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Warranty Card Info

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote psaman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Warranty Card Info
    Posted: 03 Aug 2010 at 1:55pm
So, I am trying to fill out the half-dozen or warranty cards that came with Sponge Pod; specifically, to Dometic. All of the included manuals have a place on the front for the installers to write down model number, serial number, etc. Of course they are blank. The fridge was easy enough to get, but the a/c unit is something else. I see no placard anywhere, unless it is under the plastic dome on the inside. Anyone else have this problem? Thanks.Confused
2011 RP177 "Sponge Pod"
2011 F-150 XLT "Texas Edition"
P2 Brake Controller
Outbound View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Outbound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2010 at 2:27pm
On my 2009 RP171, all of the serial numbers for all the appliances were written down by the factory on a sticker/label that is located in a cabinet above the sink.
Craig :: 2008 Mazda Tribute :: 2009 r-pod 171, The Johnnie Ray
psaman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote psaman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2010 at 2:30pm
Originally posted by Outbound Outbound wrote:

On my 2009 RP171, all of the serial numbers for all the appliances were written down by the factory on a sticker/label that is located in a cabinet above the sink.

Thanks for the info, I will check !
2011 RP177 "Sponge Pod"
P2 Brake Controller
psaman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote psaman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2010 at 7:08pm
Originally posted by Outbound Outbound wrote:

No luck, nothing up there. Cry  All I have are the different pamphlets and manuals that came with the Pod and they have no serial numbers. I will call the dealer tomorrow.
2011 RP177 "Sponge Pod"
P2 Brake Controller
Heidi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heidi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2010 at 12:15am
The AC number is under the AC cover inside the pod. Not a fun thing to get to. I couldn't figure out why they made it so hard to find unless they didn't want to have to honor the warranty.
we R-pod people
175 ,2 peeps and one small horse
tsunami View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tsunami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2010 at 6:52pm
When I bought my Pod...I talked to my dealer (Couch's RV) about having to fill out all of the accompanied warranty cards.  I was told that they submit the serial numbers for purchasers.
I assume that most other dealers may do likewise (but I would check anyway).

tsunami
psaman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote psaman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2010 at 8:09pm
I found the numbers for the a/c unit under the cover, inside. As far as the dealer submitting the serial numbers, I didn't ask the local dealer here. But, while registering on-line with Dometic, they would not accept the registration unless I had all the correct part numbers and serial numbers. Anyway, got it done and was offered the opportunity (which I took) to buy extended warranty from them for the a/c and the fridge.
2011 RP177 "Sponge Pod"
P2 Brake Controller
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic