r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Maintenance Issues, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

R-Dome Warranty

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jherald02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: R-Dome Warranty
    Posted: 31 May 2009 at 2:50pm
Does anyone know if the R-Dome has a warranty.  For 400 dollars you'd think that it would be I'm not sure.

One of my grommets is coming out.  The ones that hold the curved shape of the rod.

James
Let's hit the road!
matt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2009 at 5:41pm

The exact same thing happened to mine yesterday while taking it down.  There is a lot of stress on each grommet.

I planned to call Brannon at Couch's to see what they can do.  Would be curious to see what you learn about yours.
TerryM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TerryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2009 at 11:58pm
When the grommets were added to your r-dome, did the material stay in yours?  Mine still has the material and it almost makes it impossible to use it.

Terry 
jherald02 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jherald02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2009 at 3:27am
No.  Mine doesn't have the material in it but the material is coming away from the outside edges of the grommet.
Let's hit the road!
TerryM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TerryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2009 at 4:22am
Originally posted by jherald02 jherald02 wrote:

No.  Mine doesn't have the material in it but the material is coming away from the outside edges of the grommet.

Then they should be redone. 

Terry
porter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote porter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2009 at 2:27am

I just found a simple way to solve the problem. Just add a  piece of washer onto the end of front FLEX pole.

Then it can be used again without the grommet.

Mustard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mustard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2009 at 4:25pm
Buy a grommet kit (Walmart, Kmart) and double over the material with a new grommet.  Mine started coming apart after the first setup.  I also used the grommet kit for the tire and propane tank cover and added bungee cords to hold the covers on.

Happy camping.
:-)
Mustard
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic