r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Suggestions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Buying an R Pod

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PodPatrol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2010 at 11:51am
With a 250hp, 5000lb towing rate '05 Honda Ridgeline using premium gas (recommended by Honda when towing) our 20mpg dropped to 10mpg. We really didn't tow over 60mph, and really can't say we towed over any significant hills/mountains. So in essence, our tank full got us 200mi instead of 400mi.
If we still had the 177 we would have sway bar added.
dr*****k View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr*****k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2010 at 10:18pm
My wife and I are very excited.  We are getting our 177 after Labor Day.  We are newbees in the sense that this is our first RV.  We have been RV'ing with our friends for years. They have a Park Model at a seasonal site. 
Our last trip to Woodstock  ( Mount Bethel) NY convinced us that we need to be RV mobile.  I have an I Pod, an I Pad, now an R POD !
Sue and QP
tdrace View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdrace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2010 at 10:42am
I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!! THE R-POD WAS MY FIRST AS WELL!!!
                 HAPPY PODDING AND WELCOME!!!
Theresa
Theresa's Seaside Cowgirl
2010 FORD F150 V-8
2010 R-POD 173
Sisters on the Fly #1569
PodPatrol View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PodPatrol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2010 at 8:14pm
The r-Pod is an excellent entry to the world of RV.

It was our first one too !

But like your friends, we have gone bigger (31') and have it parked at a seasonal camp ground.
If it had worked out for us to tow, we would still have the 177 !!! Without a doubt !!!
yizit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yizit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2010 at 11:09pm
Welcome to the addiction of Pods.  We had a 172 and loved it, but life threw us a new direction and we moved into a conversion van (Roadtrek), which suits our current needs.  The Pod was our favorite of all campers we've own.
Former owner of 2009 Rpod 172
Darlene & Jim, Ewok our Lhasa
Roada our 2004 Roadtrek 190P Conversion Van
turncoat3 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turncoat3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2010 at 8:19pm
We purchased our first RV which is the 177.  We thought it was the best layout for the two of us emptynesters. We did several weekends first to get used to the unit.  Then we have completed a 800 mile round trip to the mountains of North Carolina and found that everything on the camper worked perfectly.  Our TV is a Ford Sport Trac 4.0 L with towing package and the milage pulling the 177 dropped from normal 20 to about 12. Not bad from what I read from everyone else.  Spent 7 days in the camper with day trips.  Really like the set up and plan to use it A LOT in the future.
Welcome to the PODDN WORLD.  You will love it!!!!!
Ben & Lorrie
2010 RP177
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic