r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod wish list, what we love, what we would love to see
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

r-dome

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rpod not urpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: r-dome
    Posted: 06 Aug 2010 at 8:28am
Does anybody know where I could get an R-dome? I'm having trouble finding one. Thanks.
lovin podding
George View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote George Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2010 at 7:40am
You might want to give an R-pod dealer like Couch's a call. The r-dome is not inexpensive in that it sells for over 400 dollars I think.  We enjoy the r-dome if we are staying in a campsite for more than a day because it does take a little time to set up.Thumbs Up
I can't stop dreaming about June 15, 2013 when we get to permanently escape in our "Escape Pod" which is a 176T towed by a Chevy van with a 5.7L engine.
tturbo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tturbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2010 at 5:19pm
Originally posted by George George wrote:

You might want to give an R-pod dealer like Couch's a call. The r-dome is not inexpensive in that it sells for over 400 dollars I think.  We enjoy the r-dome if we are staying in a campsite for more than a day because it does take a little time to set up.Thumbs Up
But its very easy once you get used to it, we love ours and would try to find one if it hadn't come with one too.
Tess&Brad
R-Pod 173T
'07 Hyundai Sante Fe V6
Weeble View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Weeble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2010 at 3:33pm
I'm sorry, I don't know where you can find one, but I will say that we love our R-dome.  We've got setup down to about 15 minutes.    Easy-peasy.    
Don't have much use for the screen part that goes along the lower edge of the pod - it covers the steps and not long enough to go behind the wheel - maybe I just don't know what I'm doing, but it's of no value that I can see.    The dome itself, however, is really great!
I hope you are able to find one.
Weeble
"I just wanna live while I'm alive" - Bon Jovi
Mrs. 'Piper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs. 'Piper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2010 at 3:39pm
You can get one directly from Forest River.  Go to forestriverinc.com.  Go to "merchandise" and click, then "customize your rv" and then "r-pod."  They are $300.
Mrs. 'Piper (Anne)
Sandpiper (Carroll)
RPOD 177
Site #196 2011 Eastern Roundup
tturbo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tturbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2010 at 6:16pm
Originally posted by Mrs. 'Piper Mrs. 'Piper wrote:

You can get one directly from Forest River.  Go to forestriverinc.com.  Go to "merchandise" and click, then "customize your rv" and then "r-pod."  They are $300.
I think those are protective covers although for our winters it may or may not be worth considering; don't think I'd need the camouflage but on an acreage it might be nice.

I believe our RV dealership ordered ours from FR as they are an authorized dealer so they are also getting a few replacement part and the risers for us. But the price for the dome for us also included the setup and installation, and it was $690.
Tess&Brad
R-Pod 173T
'07 Hyundai Sante Fe V6
Mrs. 'Piper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs. 'Piper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2010 at 7:07pm
You are so right, tturbo, what was I thinking?  
Mrs. 'Piper (Anne)
Sandpiper (Carroll)
RPOD 177
Site #196 2011 Eastern Roundup
Butterfly_Lee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butterfly_Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2010 at 10:14pm
Originally posted by Weeble Weeble wrote:

I'm sorry, I don't know where you can find one, but I will say that we love our R-dome.  We've got setup down to about 15 minutes.    Easy-peasy.    
Don't have much use for the screen part that goes along the lower edge of the pod - it covers the steps and not long enough to go behind the wheel - maybe I just don't know what I'm doing, but it's of no value that I can see.    The dome itself, however, is really great!
I hope you are able to find one.

I don't use the skirt much either, but here is some insight.
First I pushed  though to the axle from the rear.  Cut the skirt in two, push the other end front to axle (with the stairs up).  The pulled the stairs down and made two cuts to allow the middle to go behind the stair.  Now have have two sections much easier then one and a place for the stairs. 

The idea is to be able to zip up all the screens (including front), put the skirt on and kill anything unfriendly (bug lite or whatever).  Then you have a relatively bug free area outside. 

So far I have not had to put in practice for bugs, but I have sealed up ran the a/c full blast with a fan at the door and have heated the r-dome to take the chill off outside for morning coffee.  I mainly put it up for shade without the front.

LeeClap

Still a work in progress, lots of pictures.
http://podterfly.blogspot.com/
tturbo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tturbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2010 at 4:11pm
Originally posted by Butterfly_Lee Butterfly_Lee wrote:

Originally posted by Weeble Weeble wrote:

Don't have much use for the screen part that goes along the lower edge of the pod - it covers the steps and not long enough to go behind the wheel - maybe I just don't know what I'm doing, but it's of no value that I can see.

I don't use the skirt much either, but here is some insight.
First I pushed  though to the axle from the rear.  Cut the skirt in two, push the other end front to axle (with the stairs up).  The pulled the stairs down and made two cuts to allow the middle to go behind the stair.  Now have have two sections much easier then one and a place for the stairs. 

The idea is to be able to zip up all the screens (including front), put the skirt on and kill anything unfriendly (bug lite or whatever).  Then you have a relatively bug free area outside. 

So far I have not had to put in practice for bugs, but I have sealed up ran the a/c full blast with a fan at the door and have heated the r-dome to take the chill off outside for morning coffee.  I mainly put it up for shade without the front.
We haven't used our much yet either - okay that would be once so far Big smile

But I can see gaps so mossies would getcha anyway unless you put incense stuff everywhere and dare them to get in (yeah, I'd lose that one heheheh!)

Ours was set up for us as I've mentioned so we had no issues with either one, we just had to figure out which way to put it on. There was a small slit in the screen for the stairs which I guess. Now we're getting risers put on and hopefully the screen will still be long enough.
Tess&Brad
R-Pod 173T
'07 Hyundai Sante Fe V6
YakDriver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YakDriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2010 at 7:45am
We added a large piece of AstroTurf for the dome. That way we have a nice "lawn" regardless of where we are camping. It's also nice to keep from tracking dirt into the pod.
YakDriver, Ain't Leo, Chaz and Lil Harry in grrr-Pod

2013 r-Pod 182G Hood River; 2013 Ford F150 STX

YakDriver's Blog
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic