r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod Reviews and Information
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

hot water

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shagnaski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: hot water
    Posted: 07 Aug 2010 at 7:36pm
Cry First trip with new 177. Hot water heater fires up from time to time-not regularly and leaves only a small amount of hot water.  Question,I have the water heater turned on and the water pump turned on, What should I do to get reliable hot water.
Outbound View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Outbound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2010 at 8:07pm
Check the water heater bypass valves.  There are three: two on the lines to the water heater (the supply line and the hot water line).  The third is on the bypass line between the other two valves.  I suspect that the valve on the bypass is not set correctly - make sure that its off (turn the knob perpendicular to the lines).
Craig :: 2008 Mazda Tribute :: 2009 r-pod 171, The Johnnie Ray
Derekrainman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Derekrainman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2011 at 2:42am
We have never had a problem with the hot water. When we start dinner we turn it on so it's hot after dinner to clean up with. Shut it off after dinner then turn it on as soon as we wake up. I shut it off a lot and turn it off a lot. The water stays hot for hours.
sarjet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sarjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2011 at 3:56pm
I have a question about the water heater. In our 177 the water never gets 'hot-hot! it's barely very warm. Is there a thermostat someplace that might need to be adjusted. Thanks.
SarJet in . . .
'Travels with Charlie'
photog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote photog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2011 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by sarjet sarjet wrote:

I have a question about the water heater. In our 177 the water never gets 'hot-hot! it's barely very warm. Is there a thermostat someplace that might need to be adjusted. Thanks.

No thermostat to adjust, look at the post by OUTBOUND on top.
Heinrich and Elly

2010 Dodge Dakota Crew Cab
Prime Time Tracer 205 M
Lark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2011 at 7:37pm
Out bound has it right.  I had this problem and shuting the bypass valves solved it.

Lark 171 F-150
Lark
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic