r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod wish list, what we love, what we would love to see
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

r-dome

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote r-pod nv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: r-dome
    Posted: 26 Feb 2009 at 2:19pm
Can anyone tell me the approximate size of the r-dome awning?  What sort of area does it cover when set up?   Has anyone had the opportunity to set one up and if so is it user friendly?   I view the awning as a must have item.
RpodMan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RpodMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2009 at 6:47am
The r-dome awning comes in two different sizes.  The approximate size on the 151-152 (16' floorpans) is 9' wide and 10' long.  On the 171-175 (18' floorplans) the r-dome is a foot longer, with a total of 9' wide and 11' long.  I would recommend the r-dome awning to anyone who might find it helpful doubling the available living space.  The r-dome is extremely easy to set up, and is built specifically for use on the r-pod.  Hope this helps.  Thanks.
capringl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote capringl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2009 at 10:10pm
I've only set mine up once and it went pretty smoothly. I would recommend it because it gives you so much extra space.
Craig
R-Pod 172
2008 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2009 at 4:01am
Here are some of the better photos I found online of it.

capringl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote capringl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2009 at 9:37pm

I really like the r-dome...we took our rpod out this last weekend and it worked great. I did find a flaw with the r-dome...well not really the r-dome but the skirt that goes along the bottom of the camper. The camper axle is in the way...this can be fixed by cutting a slit in the screen. Also if you put the skirt on it blocks the steps going into the camper. We ended up just leaving it off. Minor flaw but it would be nice to see this issue addressed with newer models.

Craig
R-Pod 172
2008 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Linda Faust View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linda Faust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2009 at 3:44pm

Hi Craig

We picked up our R-pod and the dome was attached for us.  He put the slit for the axel and a slit for the stair.  I am contantly attacked by mesquitos so I need the apron Wink.  Linda

RPod 171 Rav 4
Happy Camping, Ted, Linda & our labradorable Gracie
rn08251 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rn08251 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2009 at 9:04pm
Does it come with a Floor? WIll be picking up mine in 173 in a few weeks.

Thom & Kathy
Thom & KathY
campyman1977 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote campyman1977 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2009 at 4:03pm
We picked up our 171 on Saturday and the dealer had the dome tent set up for us.  They made us take it down in order to 'teach' us the ropes.  Was fairly easy, yet did require two sets of hands.   Also the dealer recommended that you purchase silicone spray to 'lube' the tent through the receiving brackets on the body of the RPOD. We have not done this yet so cannot attest to the value of the advice.  Still, the tent was awesome.  It can be completely closed in to provide rain/privacy cover or, as pictured, completely open for air. We are taking our maiden voyage this weekend to Door County Wisconsin....can't wait. 
Get out there.
rn08251 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rn08251 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2009 at 4:39am
Thank for the info. Looking forward to seeing the Pics
Thom&Kathy
Thom & KathY
SOMD 173 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SOMD 173 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2009 at 9:35am
Hi All,

I have a question about the R-dome dimensions.  We just installed our on our model 173 and the fit is not so great around the windows.  We remember the person at the dealer that was installing the grommet studs had a problem with the template.  It seemed strange that it had him installing the grommet studs where the windows are.

The good new is that the R-dome went up in about 10 minutes with my wife & I doing it unassisted for the first time.  The bad news is that we pulled out one grommet stud that was causing us to pull the material too tightly to attach the grommet to the side of the Rpod.  It was about 1/4" too far for optimal attachment of the dome.

The more we loooked, the more the R-dome didn't look right.  Upon measuring the dome's floor dimensions, the tale of the tape is this:  Measuring from the door of the Rpod to the entrance of the R-dome was close to 9 feet with the extension rods taught.  The other floor dimension, running the length of the Rpod was 10 feet.  From an earlier post, this sounds like we may have the R-dome that is meant to go with for the 151/152 series.  For what it's worth, our dome is blue.  I don't know if the two sizes come in different colors.

We searched the Forest River web page, but there is no mention of dimensions, or if there is a different R-dome for the 150 and the 170 series Rpods.

Could someone please tell me what the dimensions are for their 170 series R-dome?  I'd like to have some information before I talk to the dealer.

Thanks for your assistance
Craig
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic