r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Maintenance Issues, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AC and R-Dome

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Ratdog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ratdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AC and R-Dome
    Posted: 11 Aug 2010 at 2:19pm
Our 2011 177 has a wall control with 2-speed. If you can get a 3-speed (and the 3rd speed is quieter than the other 2 speeds) I'd go for it.

-- Steve

Steve, Anne, and Paige the Rat Terrier
2013 Lexus RX 450h Hybrid AWD
2011 RP-177 (aka: The Circus Wagon)
69boss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 69boss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2010 at 2:04pm
I first posted our misfortune about AC failure and R-Dome collapse at http://www.rpodnation.com/first-real-pod-trip_topic1782.html and thought I'd give an update.  K&C RV near Longmont, CO has had our Pod for going on 4 weeks now.  They ordered a new AC unit and then decided it needed new controls also.  The controls are on back order and may be in in another week.

The R-dome shock-corded pole came in 3 weeks after I ordered it from Dometic, but the telescopic poles are on back order also.  ETA is another 10 days. 

If all works out, we should get our Pod back together within a couple of weeks.  I'm hoping that replacing the AC necessitated updating the controls.  A wall mounted thermostat with a 3 speed fan would be nice, since the replacement AC is 3 speed.  I believe that the original unit was 3 speed also, but Dometic installed it with a 2 speed control - can anyone confirm? 

I hope we get more than one outing before summer's over!

Bob and Fran
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic