r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Miscellaneous / Off-topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Same place, two views

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepperpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2010 at 9:30pm
If yours are like ours, they will move in and then out a couple of times before they get settled after college. LOL The college years are a great learning experience for both kids and parents.  Thankfully the husband and I did not suffer from the "empty nest" because ours had been pretty independent before they went to school.  Technology has made it a little easier to let go and still be able to be in touch.  Even when our son was in Afghanistan, I was able to talk to him several times a week and SEE him on my laptop.  Wow, that was wonderful.
Pepper,Coach,and Henry (a very brave little Maltese)
R Pod 172

The rewards of the journey far outweigh the risk of leaving the harbor...unknown
Butterfly_Lee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butterfly_Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2010 at 9:43pm
Both the children that have left the nest have Facebook accounts, I don't get post on their walls very often, but I can watch from a far.  Plus when I'm traveling I post pictures and notes to them that I'm doing well, and they comment on my page so I know they are watching too.

I also keep in touch with siblings on Facebook too.

Just a thought.

LeeClap

Technology to the rescueLOL

Still a work in progress, lots of pictures.
http://podterfly.blogspot.com/
rpoders2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rpoders2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2010 at 8:13am
Billy Bob...I do understand.
When our only child left for college I was lost, until I found a new way to be her Mom.
She needs me but in different ways as she ages.
A couple weeks ago she came home for a whole week...first time in five years...and I still grieved when she left.
It is a gift that you love each other so much.
And I do have to keep reminding myself that this is the way it's suppossed to be...but my tears still flow...and it's okay...so I let them.

Ellen, Dick (2 legs)
Mo Chara (the camping cat) Dudley (the world's best camping dog)
RPod 173
'07 Honda Pilot
yizit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yizit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2010 at 12:22am
I had the misfortune not to have the kind of relationship the rest of you had.  After going thru a bitter divorce, my daughter was given the choice to live with her dad or me.  She choose her dad (he had more $$ and made lots of promises).  The hurt was unbearable and I cried for months.  That was over 20 years ago and it still hurts and brings tears to my eyes when I think about it.  The one thing I learned.... you may loose them for a while, but they will return home.  When she finished college, she married, had kids and comes to me (not her dad) for guidance.   I was fortunate to be able to help raise my 2 grandkids and spend time with them.  So it may hurt for a while, but you'll never loose them.  They will always need you.  It'll get better as time goes by.  With facebook, twitter, skype, etc it's easy to keep in touch.  I keep in touch with my "kids" thru Skype.  http://www.skype.com/intl/en-us/home.  It might be something to check into to help ease the pain.  Try to enjoy yourself in the mean time.
Former owner of 2009 Rpod 172
Darlene & Jim, Ewok our Lhasa
Roada our 2004 Roadtrek 190P Conversion Van
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic