r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Suggestions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Search engine for RPOD Nation

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tompearce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Search engine for RPOD Nation
    Posted: 17 Aug 2010 at 1:25pm
Hi.  Now that this site has been in operation for well over a year, a lot of good material is now virtually lost beyond pages and pages of subsequent entries in each category.  I for one am happy to have provided detailed coverage regarding the installation of a rear view camera, modifying the RP-171 table to fit better, 12" TV installation, etc., but am hard pressed to find them now as they are 20-30 pages back.  I'm sure others have the same problem since many of the questions and issues are repeated over and over even though good useful replies are hidden many pages back.  A search feature to look for specific topics and entries would be most helpful. 

P.S.  The "maintenance" topic in the RPOD Nation downtime and maintenance section should be relabeled "Forum Maintenance".  A lot of entries are showing confusion between this and the "maintenance/tips" topic in the general section.
PodPatrol View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PodPatrol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2010 at 1:47pm
You noticed that too ??? LOL
We've tried our best to make things as obvious as possible, but some will slip through the cracks. I could be shifting and moving posts all day long to locate them to an area more fitting to the subject matter, but we don't have the time. In most cases the "Tree" system is an acceptable way to place a post in it's proper location.
The issue is starting at the "Trunk", then branching out to subject matter, then to more specific topics. On occasion someone may see "maintenance" and think repair. Well, repair of what is the "subject".
I believe the forum has everthing in place, it's just that we need to make sure we are putting our posts in the correct place.
http://www.rpodnation.com/faqs-watch-us-grow_topic1098.html are some suggestions on how to use the search feature.
argh6 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote argh6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2010 at 2:32pm
Actually, the site has a well developed search engine when utilizing the "advanced search" feature.  I was able to locate your rear view camera thread ( http://www.rpodnation.com/topic135&OB=ASC.html ) in about 5 seconds by searching for "rear view camera", setting it to "match the exact phrase", searching "all forums", from "any date".  I could put together a how to on using the advanced search engine with some pics if anyone is interested...
Jerry, Julie, Kaiti, & Abbi ~ Phoenix, AZ ~ 2010 172T ~ 2004 Acura MDX
PodPatrol View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PodPatrol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2010 at 2:42pm
Any submission by any member for the "FAQs" will be considered.

I've locked the "FAQs" to avoid any further posts in an already very busy topic. Please go over the first paragraph, or so, of the "FAQs" which suggests ways you can submit a procedure to be included.

All submissions will be considered !
Heretic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heretic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2010 at 2:53pm
Search in google for:

site:www.rpodnation.com rear view camera
tompearce View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tompearce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2010 at 10:18am
Thanks argh6!  I didn't look far enough.  Once I sorted out the optioms in advanced search my articles popped right out.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic