r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > R-Pod Round-Ups
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Huntsville SP Rest Rooms

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billy Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Huntsville SP Rest Rooms
    Posted: 20 Aug 2010 at 10:53am
I was reviewing my reservations for the Oct meet. From 9/27/10 until 4/7/11, the rest rooms will be undergoing a remodeling project. Portable toilets will be available for use. It will not have any effect on the campsites.Ouch
2011 Visa 23RBK pulled with 2010 Nissan Titan. 12.5 MPG when towing.
The Most Beautiful Thing In Life Is The Ability To love.
www.BillyAdeliza.homestead.com
Butterfly_Lee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butterfly_Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2010 at 1:06pm

Main reason I have Podterfly, is I have my own rest room.

LeeClap
Still a work in progress, lots of pictures.
http://podterfly.blogspot.com/
Kenn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2010 at 11:49pm
Originally posted by Butterfly_Lee Butterfly_Lee wrote:

Main reason I have Podterfly, is I have my own rest room.

LeeClap
Finally! Someone else using the stuff their POD came with. I thought people just didn't know what the POD wet bath was used for. Tongue

2010 RPOD 176 (Silly-POD), 2011 Forest River Stealth 2612, and 2014 Forest River XLR 380AMP
Butterfly_Lee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butterfly_Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2010 at 9:35am
Like everyone else I was hoping for a better gas mileage with the lighter trailer, but the big selling point was the wet bath.  Along with that came the need accommodate taller people.  So even though Podterfly is lightweight, she only half as aerodynamic and she could be.  

I am willing to trade several miles per gallon for my personal comfort.Embarrassed     Which means I can visit the wet bath whenever natural calls (of course i have to stop firstLOL)

LeeClap
Still a work in progress, lots of pictures.
http://podterfly.blogspot.com/
yizit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yizit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2010 at 8:04pm
What's a rest roomLOL
Former owner of 2009 Rpod 172
Darlene & Jim, Ewok our Lhasa
Roada our 2004 Roadtrek 190P Conversion Van
Kenn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2010 at 11:41pm
Originally posted by yizit yizit wrote:

What's a rest roomLOL

You know...the ones with a comfy couch in a room with a guy giving you towels...LOLTongue

2010 RPOD 176 (Silly-POD), 2011 Forest River Stealth 2612, and 2014 Forest River XLR 380AMP
Maryjo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maryjo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2010 at 7:57am
Does that include the showers? I hate to admit I have not used my shower. Of course I have used the potty, that is also one reason I got the Pod. There is nothing like having your own "potty" when you are out and about. But I don't have a guy giving me towells.............Cry 

FoxyPod (Maryjo)2010 R-Pod 173 Tow Vehicle:2004 Expedition
yizit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yizit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2010 at 6:08pm
When we are stopped at an RV park the first thing I check out are the showers.  If they are not up to my standards, I'll use my own shower.  Some are so dirty you feel dirtier AFTER taking a shower then you did going into the shower.Thumbs Down
Former owner of 2009 Rpod 172
Darlene & Jim, Ewok our Lhasa
Roada our 2004 Roadtrek 190P Conversion Van
YakDriver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YakDriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2010 at 7:10pm
Thanks for bringing up the restroom issue. I forgot to bring that up last time I posted. The park hosts in the Coloneh section are first class nice people. They gave us the heads up of the restrooms.

On the issue of the shower -- the first thing we did was replace the stock shower head with the Oxygenics model. That puppy sprays water like a home unit. It's also low flow, but you can't tell from the spray. It's not cheap, but we really think it was worth it. We also got a 25 gallon roll about gray water tank for sites without sewer. Out black water tanks lasts a long time, but the gray water needs to be dumped every day if we both use the shower and sink.

Keep on Poddin '!!
YakDriver, Ain't Leo, Chaz and Lil Harry in grrr-Pod

2013 r-Pod 182G Hood River; 2013 Ford F150 STX

YakDriver's Blog
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic