r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > General Camping > Camping Marketplace
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Winter cover

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shagnaski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Winter cover
    Posted: 20 Aug 2010 at 1:21pm
I am interested in getting a winter cover for my new 177. Any idea where they may be available?Shocked
Thanks for the help.
pentachris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pentachris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2010 at 3:08pm
Here ya go - I think I got mine about a week after I ordered it.
Mr.Bill47 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr.Bill47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2010 at 4:29pm
Contact Forest River or go on the internet. www.forestriverinc.com/......BILL
or  www.forestriverrvsource.com/
Mr.Bill47
Nellie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nellie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2010 at 6:06pm
They fit over the air conditioning I assume but does anyone know if it fits over the max-air covers?  I think I remember reading something about the area around the air conditioner so snow doesn't accumulate but can't find it...
PodPatrol View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PodPatrol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2010 at 6:52pm
It was mentioned to "Snug" the AC part of the cover around the unit. I believe that is so no areas become "catches" for snow or rain. I believe it was mentioned that they used something to tie the AC area of the cover around the bottom of the AC to tuck it in.
Butterfly_Lee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butterfly_Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2010 at 8:03pm

Here's a side picture of Podterfly with her cover.  There's a squarish area for the A/C and other stuff.  This was my first attempt and it's a little longer on the other side.

LeeClap
Still a work in progress, lots of pictures.
http://podterfly.blogspot.com/
pmjensen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmjensen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2010 at 10:16am
How long have you had the cover?  Being from the same general area I have concerns due to the humidity etc.  I know there have been discussion threads on the topic but no real consensus as to whether or not to cover it in our type of climate.
2011 R-176 Nuestro Pod
2011 Frontier SV
Butterfly_Lee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butterfly_Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2010 at 1:00pm
I just purchased the cover, last year she didn't have one, but she was sitting in my yard.  Now that I'm planning to pre position her (in storage where I plan a couple of trips) so I don't have to tow all the way home.  I though it would be a good idea to have one.  Plus while a home it will keep the bird and tree stuff off.

LeeClap

FYI didn't purchase from FR brought it from another podder.
Still a work in progress, lots of pictures.
http://podterfly.blogspot.com/
Tink View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2010 at 6:59pm
Lee, how difficult was it to get on?

Tink'rPod 174 Knoxville,TN,
timpamt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timpamt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2016 at 5:19pm
What should I do about those little spouts sticking out from the roofline on my 179? Won't the cover rip them loose?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic