r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod Adventures
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - A "car crazy" trip to the Woodward Dream Cruise
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A "car crazy" trip to the Woodward Dream Cruise

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phil H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A "car crazy" trip to the Woodward Dream Cruise
    Posted: 24 Aug 2010 at 12:31am
Last week I took the R-pod to Detroit for a few days of car related fun. Here's a slide show of the trip.

2010 R-pod 171 (sold)
2010 Surveyor SV251 towed by a 2010 Chevrolet Avalanche
George View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote George Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2010 at 8:05am
Nice slide show.  When you were camping at Camp Dearborn, you were about 3 miles from where we live.  And, Liberty Chevrolet is less than a mile from where we live.  Sorry bout the rain on Saturday.
I can't stop dreaming about June 15, 2013 when we get to permanently escape in our "Escape Pod" which is a 176T towed by a Chevy van with a 5.7L engine.
Pie_Pod View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pie_Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2010 at 8:28am
Great  pictures.  Love the captions! 
~cindy (Pod_Patrol's Girl)
tabkld93 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabkld93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2010 at 9:51am
I wanted to go to the Ford Museum a couple of weeks ago, but the family wanted to go into some caves.  Oh well, always next year.  Thanks for the photos.

Todd, Karen & Leah
'13 Surveyor 240
'12 Ford F150 EcoBoost
Former owner of 2010 R-Pod 172
Butterfly_Lee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butterfly_Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2010 at 10:06am
GREAT PHOTOS

LeeClap
Still a work in progress, lots of pictures.
http://podterfly.blogspot.com/
Sandpiper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandpiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2010 at 10:13am
Phil
What a wonderful slide show.  I've been in love with automobiles since I was big enough to pick up a screwdriver (much to my Mom's chagrin).  I tore down a Ford manual transmission to replace first gear when I was 13 and it took all winter to get it back together.  It wasn't until spring when I finally talked to an old Ford mechanic that he told me how to get the primary output shaft bearings back into it.  Actually, all he did was smile knowingly and give me a "snuff can" full of axle grease when I sheepishly asked him how to do the job.  The axle grease turned on the light bulb and the job got done in about five minutes after I got home from my paper route.

I learned a very valuable lesson that day.  If you don't know -- ask a pro and save yourself a lot of headaches and frustration. But, by all means keep learning. Hopefully the person takes snuff.

By the way, I think I saw Tink with her Pink shirt in a Pink jeep in your slide show.  Was that you Tink ? Or just an impostor ?
Thanks again Phil for making my day.
Sandpiper
Mrs.'Piper
Ford 150-[Mini Lite 2104S]
yizit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yizit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2010 at 10:46am
Looks like you had a great time....a guys dream (and some gals).  Wis. Dells holds a classic car show every year and there were about 1500 cars here.  It was amazing to see.  Looks like we'll have to put Detroit on our list to visit when we plan our trip around the Great Lakes.
Former owner of 2009 Rpod 172
Darlene & Jim, Ewok our Lhasa
Roada our 2004 Roadtrek 190P Conversion Van
Tink View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2010 at 10:06pm
Originally posted by Sandpiper Sandpiper wrote:

By the way, I think I saw Tink with her Pink shirt in a Pink jeep in your slide show.  Was that you Tink ? Or just an impostor ?
Thanks again Phil for making my day.

IMPOSTER!!!!!!   Glad you were thinking of me!

Tink'rPod 174 Knoxville,TN,
Outbound View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Outbound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2010 at 7:28am
Phil, the pictures were amazing!  I'm glad that you had a great time!
Craig :: 2008 Mazda Tribute :: 2009 r-pod 171, The Johnnie Ray
argh6 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote argh6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2010 at 5:53pm
Now THAT looks like a good time!
Jerry, Julie, Kaiti, & Abbi ~ Phoenix, AZ ~ 2010 172T ~ 2004 Acura MDX
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic