r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod wish list, what we love, what we would love to see
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Camp

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nellie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Camp
    Posted: 26 Aug 2010 at 3:07pm

Heading out to Northern Wisconsin for a few days of camping with my new CAMP DUTCH OVENS!

rpoders2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rpoders2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2010 at 4:03pm
Sherry...my Border Collie, Fauna, was playing with a "shaved" Wheaton at the dog park yesterday :)
We are looking forward to a trip to MN next year as you are heading out to N WI!
Ellen, Dick (2 legs)
Mo Chara (the camping cat) Dudley (the world's best camping dog)
RPod 173
'07 Honda Pilot
Mountaineer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mountaineer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2010 at 4:13pm
I had a 6' awning made by Cabin Creek Canvas for $155.  It just arrived so haven't had a chance to see how well (and easy) it is to install on my 174.  It does come with all of the hardware.  Jerry
Jerry
photog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote photog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2010 at 6:24pm
Originally posted by Nellie Nellie wrote:

I just love the awning "photog" had made in Canada.  I have emailed them to get a quote but have not heard back from them.  I found another source in the states called vintage awnings that can make a 7 x 7 awning.  I measured the c-channel - awning channel whatever it is called.  I think it is 3/8", does that sound right?  The vintage awning company says that is what it must be and I don't want to order it and not have it fit.  Photog if you are reading this, does yours have a covered rope that goes through the channel or what.  I really wish I could get one like yours, I absolutely love it.  I will wait a few more days in hopes Alberta Tent company contacts me.  Heading out to Northern Wisconsin for a few days of camping with my new CAMP DUTCH OVENS!

Hi Sherry

Just by chance this campground has a workable Wi-Fi. I am in Northern Ontario on the way to the East Coast and PEI. To your question, they don`t use covered rope any more but some sort of solid nylon-plastic stuff, I don`t really know what it is but it workes good.

Alberta Tent and Awning is not a big outfit, you might be better of trying to phone them.

Have a good trip,

Heinrich

Heinrich and Elly

2010 Dodge Dakota Crew Cab
Prime Time Tracer 205 M
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic