r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod Warranty, Service and Recall Bulletins
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wheel seperation

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CCDAMEEK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2010 at 1:06pm
Final update:
Finally!   My r-pod is back home!   Got the call from the repair shop on Friday 10-9-2010,
and we drove right up and picked it up.
   I do want to make one final caution to all my fellow podders, and it is due to this final
communication that Brandie in parts at r-pod had with my repair facility.  The email has been
copied and pasted below.  I did remove a few sentences to make it shorter, and underlined a few to comment on afterward,  but other than that, no 
changes have been made.  Read on.....

----- Forwarded Message -----
To: outdoorsmanrv@frontiernet.net
Sent: Wednesday, October 6, 2010 1:14:30 PM
Subject: RE: L006713

I found the email that had your info on it and I told Mr Damico how
sorry I was about his parts.
I have a list of service centers to send at
no charge and you guys are not on it. But I know know for future
reference. It was a mix up between Susan and myself and we did take
blame for it.
 His parts are on there way. We havn't been able to send anything
out since Thursday do to our system being down and yesterday was the
first day that we were able to do UPS and return any emails. I have
addressed his emails on my end and he seems to just want to argue with
me and I just don't understand what he plans to accomplish by the rude
emails he is sending everyone
that had nothing to do with this order. I
understand that he wanted his tire but this shouldn't of held up him
using his unit, it shows it came with a spare
. I am sorry we are human
and we do make mistakes!

Brandie

My comments:   Brandie is quoted as saying "I told Mr Damico how
sorry I was about his parts"
The only thing Brandie apologized to me about was that the repair
shop was at fault, as shown in the email Brandie sent me below.

Subject: Parts
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 16:28:04 -0400
To: ccdameek@hotmail.com

< name=Generator ="Microsoft Safe">
Mr. Damico, 
        I have responded to every email that I have received from Outdoorsman concerning your part. (That has been a total of two)
 If anything has been sent to me in the last couple of days yes I have been late on the response do to our computers being down. 
 I am sorry that I did not get the response from Outdoorsman that I needed right away to get your part out.
 As I have explained to you they are not a dealer and are a prepay service center. 
 Not all parts can be shipped at no charge. Your part has been shipped and is on its way to your repair shop.
Brandie Lamb 
Surveyor / R pod Parts
Ph# 574-642-3119 ext 209
Fax# 574-343-5942
I never had a cross word personally with Brandie, and only spoke to her on the phone one
time, in which again she laid the blame on the repair shop.   Yet she apologized to the repair shop
for making a mistake.    She attempts to slander me, the customer, because I had the audacity
to actually complain to her General Manager about this huge delay.
   The final comment:   She says I could have used my camper with the spare.  Apparently she thinks
it is OK to drive on 3 of 5 Lug studs!
  So take caution if dealing with Brandie in Parts.
FREEDOM AINT FREE. THANK YOU TO OUR TROOPS, AND LOCAL LAW OFFICERS KEEPING US SAFE.

Francis & Christine D'Amico
Lake Havasu-Arizona
Ratdog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ratdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2010 at 1:20pm
I have 2 comments:

1. It's apparent that Brandie didn't have a clue about your problem because she refers to you needing a "tire" and that you could have used the unit with your spare to solve your problem. As I understand it, the tire was the least of your problems.

2. How many of us would take our pods on a trip without a backup spare?

-- Steve

Steve, Anne, and Paige the Rat Terrier
2013 Lexus RX 450h Hybrid AWD
2011 RP-177 (aka: The Circus Wagon)
Ratdog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ratdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2010 at 1:26pm
I forgot to ask:

Did your shop take a close look at your remaining 3 studs to make sure they weren't damaged or weakened in any way from the incident?

-- Steve

kmcmurph View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kmcmurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2010 at 2:47pm
Hopefully they would have replaced all 5 studs with new, that would be pretty cheap insurance against any other stud taking a beating.
Karl, Kerri and the hounds:: 5.4L '04 Expedition:: 2010 177
CCDAMEEK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CCDAMEEK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2010 at 9:32am
Originally posted by Ratdog Ratdog wrote:

I forgot to ask:

Did your shop take a close look at your remaining 3 studs to make sure they weren't damaged or weakened in any way from the incident?

-- Steve

The other 3 studs were replaced as well, due to striping and damage when the seperation happened.
FREEDOM AINT FREE. THANK YOU TO OUR TROOPS, AND LOCAL LAW OFFICERS KEEPING US SAFE.

Lake Havasu-Arizona
Ratdog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ratdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2010 at 10:06am
Originally posted by CCDAMEEK CCDAMEEK wrote:

The other 3 studs were replaced as well, due to striping and damage when the seperation happened.

So, Brandie figured it would be a good idea to use your spare with only 3 remaining studs, all of which were damaged?!! Give me a break.

Your experience has been quite an eye-opener.

-- Steve

CCDAMEEK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CCDAMEEK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2010 at 6:45am
Well fellow podders.
   My wife and I are soon departing for our first adventure with our pod following the mishaps and frustrations of this thread.   We will be pulling the pod from Arizona, accross the southern states to visit with family in Alabama and Florida.  We will be on the road about 5-weeks.
   Wish us luck in your thoughts!   And again, Thanks for all the concern you all showed during our ordeal. 
   PS:  I will be checking the torque of the wheel lugs daily!Embarrassed 

Lake Havasu-Arizona
psaman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote psaman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2010 at 11:35am
Good luck and hope you have a safe, enjoyable trip!
2011 RP177 "Sponge Pod"
2011 F-150 XLT "Texas Edition"
P2 Brake Controller
Kenn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2010 at 9:59pm
Good luck and be safe.

2010 RPOD 176 (Silly-POD), 2011 Forest River Stealth 2612, and 2014 Forest River XLR 380AMP
CCDAMEEK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CCDAMEEK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2011 at 8:19am
We're baaaacck!     Grand total of 5,742 miles.  Left 12/7/10, returned 01/14/11.  Problems or issues with the "PODdy-Wagon" =  ZERO!
    Had to tighten up a couple lug nuts a few times, but that was all.   And I can tell you that the pod drove across every imaginable type of road surface known to man, including (with a bit of shame) cotton field dirt roads south-west of Phoenix, AZ.      HINT-  Do not trust Google maps for quality roads......... 
     And, at least in 6 different states, and 8 different locations there-in,  the pod made it through record breaking cold temperatures without a problem.   We survived 16 degrees in Southern New Mexico, and 19 degrees in southern Texas.  22 degrees in southern Mississippi, and 26 degrees in Sarasota Florida.   The Pod kept us warm, and had no cold related issues.
    Great trip?   Yes.
    Really bad weather?  Yes.
    Glad to be home?    You can not imagine how glad!

Lake Havasu-Arizona
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
  Share Topic